Router Not accessible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Not accessible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router Not accessible
Router Not accessible
2015-07-04 08:57:45
Region : India

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : SITI Cable Broadband

Problem: I cannot enter into the router setup.

What my ISP provided?
They gave me a set of 1) Static IP 2) Subnet Mask 3) Default Gateway Address 4) Primary and Alternative DNS addresses and surprisingly 5) An User Name and 6) Password! :confused:

What I did?
Since they gave me the user name and password I tried to configure the Internet from Quick Start wizard and chose PPPOE connection and gave user id and password. But it did not work. Then I ran the Quick Start wizard once again. This time with the option - Static IP Address. But again it did not work!

What else I tried?
I started random experiment with the configurations as I was sure that anytime the Router may be reset to factory default. From Interface setup -> Internet -> I deleted all the PVC's. and then in LAN I set Router IP address and Subnet Mask same as the static IP and Subnet mask provided by the ISP. Correspondingly I gave same class static IP to my computer. From Advance Setup -> Routing I redirect all the request to default gateway net to the default gateway address. This time I was able to ping the default gateway, but could not connect the Internet.:(
I asked for help to ISP and they suggested me to visit to a particular web page ( http://172.16.0.1/24online/webpages/client.jsp) for logging in with the user id and password. Whenever I tried to login, it was showing "You have wrong IP...". So I just swapped the Router IP and Computer IP, and it allowed me to log in, but unable to visit any web page.

Then I inserted the ISP line directly to my computer, bypassing the router and it worked! I was able to visit all the web pages. Then I just unplugged the ISP line from the computer and inserted it to the router and connected the router to my computer. Believe me this time I was able to access all the web pages, though the connection was through the Router!

Then where is the problem?
Now I found a huge problem that I am unable to enter to the Router setup. Since I already changed the router IP (and my computer IP was in same class) so I tried typing the new router IP to the web browser, but it failed to connect. I tried resetting (hard reset by pressing back button) the Router, disconnected the ISP line, put the static IP 192.168.1.2 to my computer, setting subnet mask 255.255.255.0, default gateway to 192.168.1.1 and primary DNS to 192.168.1.1, still unable to ping 192.168.1.1 (which is supposed to be the default IP of the router after resetting to factory default). Currently I am using the router to connect the Internet, and it is working fine, but to configure WIFI I must need to enter to the Router setup.

Please please help me.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router Not accessible
2015-07-04 23:00:18
Have you made default settings of this router!?
Options
2015-07-08 20:04:58
Yes I tried, I reset number of times. Still not accessible.
Options
2015-07-09 14:20:39
Change IP settings on your PC back to DHCP. If it obtains 169.254,,,, and reset won't help, it should be faulty.
http://www.tp-link.in/support/rma/
Options