Powerline Adaptor Compatible with Unmanaged Switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-24 18:44:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I am moving house and considering options on how to get a network through the house to connect my TV/Youview Box/HTPC to my home server & NAS. I also want to have a computer & laptop on the wired network.

I was looking at purchasing the TP-Link TL-PA8030P Kit (AV1200 3-Port Gigabit) as I want as high a speed as possible. If I was to use that to bring the connection upstairs from my router (downstairs) is it then possible just to connect an unmanaged network switch (i.e. TP-Link TL-SG1005D V6 5-Port switch) to the other end of the powerline adaptor to give me multiple RJ45 connections upstairs? Will the network speed be horrible or OK?

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Adaptor Compatible with Unmanaged Switch?
2015-10-30 09:46:18
Powerline Adapter is a way to connect your network devices just like the ethernet cable, so your application scenarios should be OK. As to the network speed, it should be OK in theory.
Options
Re:Powerline Adaptor Compatible with Unmanaged Switch?
2015-10-30 16:12:41
Brilliant - makes sense. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 995

Replies: 2

Related Articles