Trying to Reset adapters using Utility - Does Utility work with Windows 10?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-04 20:36:10
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a pair of these http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA4010KIT.html

...and I can't get them to work. So, I'm trying to reset them.

I downloaded and installed the Utility from the link above to my Windows 10 laptop.

But, when I plug in an adapter and then connect it to my laptop via Ethernet cable, and open the Utility, I keep getting the message, "The local device hasn't been connected, please collect the local device."

I've tried two adapters and two Ethernet cables.

Does the Utility work OK with Windows 10?

If so, is there anything I can do to make the Utility detect the adapter?

Thanks.

D.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to Reset adapters using Utility - Does Utility work with Windows 10?
2016-01-29 05:56:26
Sounds exactly like my problem. I've tried maybe everything, still nothing. There is an issue with IPv6 protocol, which those adapters don't support. How I supposed to update the firmware when utility can't find the device. For now none of the TP-LINK tech masters seemed to find some answers for that...
Options
Re:Trying to Reset adapters using Utility - Does Utility work with Windows 10?
2016-01-29 17:53:28
I have tried multiple utilities from various network companies. I am still struggling to get it to work on Windows 10. The only one I got to work was Netgear, but that is different protocol than Homeplug.
I ended up finding old computer with Windows 7 (formerly Vista) that I was able to load utility and get setup.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 2

Related Articles