TP-Link TL-WA850RE Only Power is On

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-29 00:26:29
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi!

I just bought my 850RE today and when I plugged it in an outlet the only thing that is on is the Power light.
Tried to look for the SSID of the extender but it is not showing in my list.
Waited for about an hour but the Wireless and RE light is not doing anything.
Pressed the reset button for a few seconds but it still did not do anything as well, it just shows a solid Power light.

Tried to call tech support but I'm not getting anyone just a busy tone after a few rings.

What should I do?

(Just thinking of bringing it back to the store for replacement but if someone can help me I would try it.)

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WA850RE Only Power is On
2016-01-30 04:35:42
The extender Is just that...it EXTENDS your wireless connection that is already established by your router. The SSID you need to connect to is your router's SSID (your WiFi network). The extender does not have its own SSID. I have connected this device both wired and wireless using the web interface and app to two different routers and have not had a problem. Check the instructions that came with the device too...sometimes they help. :-)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1348

Replies: 1

Related Articles