Compatibility question - and, will it be fast enough?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-12 03:53:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have BT Infinity and currently use " TP-LINK TL-PA551KIT AV500+ Gigabit Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit" to extend my Internet. I am about the get a 4K Smart TV and plan to get Netflix for 4K streaming.

I am looking at TP-LINK TL-PA8030P KIT AV1200 3-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit (1200 Mbps, Multiple HD Streams and No Configuration Required) - 2 Units Pack, with the idea of using one of these as the first link from the BT router, and the other new one for the TV, and then having the old ones for PCs.

Will they all work together OK? Or do I need to get 4 new ones?

Also, been thinking about just having a really powerful wireless adapter - but worried this will not work too well in my 3 floor house with lounge extension (brick, block and steel).

Tempted to run a cat5e cable around the outside of the house instead .... but will avoid the labour costs of that if possible.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 0

Related Articles