W8961ND V3 BIG Security Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-09 10:04:27
Model : TDW8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 150707

ISP : ARNET (ARGENTINA)

Hi I just updated my router W8961ND to TD-W8961ND_V3_150707 firmware and now when scan with Fing App I see unknowns devices on my LAN.

I send a contact mail and this is the hilarious response:

Buen día,

Gracias por comunicarse con TP-Link.

Los dispositivos que ve no tienen nada que ver con el modem. Son terminales – celulare y/o tablets, tal vez alguna notebook.
No son señales del router.

Saludos,
Sergio

Google translated:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting TP-Link.

Devices that looks have nothing to do with the modem. They are terminal - celulare and / or tablets, perhaps a notebook.
They are not signs of the router.

Regards,
Sergio

Are you kidding me?

This is my reply google translated

These devices are obviously tablets and / or cellular and / or notebooks, etc. But they are NOT connected to my LAN (Trust me, I dont have +43 devices). It is understood?. As I explained doing a factory reset, disabling WiFi and having connected ONLY my laptop to ethernet port, I can see many unknown devices, Even I could go to the admin of a fingerprint reader that you will know who is ...

The important thing is that as I can see (ping, nmap, navigate) this devices, they can see me too. Therefore it is a serious security problem.

No response since that. This is serious security issue. How can fix it?.

Sorry for my english.

Fing screenshot:

HELP PLS!

Greetings from Argentina
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 0

Related Articles