Can't load web pages on my PC after installing new Archer VR2600 modem router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-04 23:41:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have gone through the router set-up procedure, at the end of which I got the message "Congratulations! Internet connected" and the icon in my system tray confirms that i am indeed connected. However, when I click on any of the favourites in my browser (Firefox) nothing happens and eventually it times out. Likewise I cannot send or receive any messages via my email client (Thunderbird). Incidentally, I am connected via wi-fi, not a cable. I should add that I've tried both bands on the router and have the same result with both.

Now for the weird bit! My wife's PC (which I'm using to post this message) is working fine with the new router. She too uses Firefox and is also on Windows 10. What's more, my Samsung mobile phone and tablet both connect satisfactorily with the internet via the router. Also, my smart TV connects up wirelessly with the router and runs Amazon, Netflix etc without a problem.

Can anyone please suggest what I might do to get my PC to co-exist happily with the VR2600? I spent 15 or 20 minutes on the phone with TP-Link's helpline but they ran out of ideas and said that as the router was working OK with my mobile, tablet and TV the problem lies with my PC, not the router.

Unless I can find a solution I'll reluctantly have to revert to my old BT SmartHub and return the router to Amazon for a refund because I have to have a working internet connection on my PC.
Options