Web pages "hesitating" to load.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-22 22:10:12 - last edited 2021-08-24 09:46:47
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Set up AX11000 router. Everything appears to work well except when trying to use the internet on my laptop. Web pages either "hesitate" to load and I get the the message, "Hmmm...there seems to be a problem" and THEN the page loads or the page will not load at all. I disabled security software with no success. I disconnected router and reconnected to old router (Netgear Nighthawk) and I am able to load pages quickly (normal).

I feel there is a setting I am missing (hopefully) and any help will be appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Web pages "hesitating" to load.-Solution
2021-08-23 19:43:29 - last edited 2021-08-24 09:46:47

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply:

I did a Google search, watched a couple of YouTube vids and I think I got the problem solved. I was getting the "Hmmm....we can't load that page" (paraphrasing) but then it would immediately load (sometimes) and at other times would not load at all.

I changed the adapter settings and it seems to have solved the problem (I hope). If it doesn't, I will give your suggestions a try especially the idea of cloning the MAC address from the old router to the new.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Web pages "hesitating" to load.
2021-08-23 09:18:04

@Papa_Nole 

Is the LED on the AX11000 white or red? Do you mean you can access the internet fine but just cannot load the web pages sometimes? Who is your ISP, and what's the WAN connection type on the AX11000? You can try to clone the MAC address of the old Netgear Nighthawk to the WAN of the AX1000 as follows, then check again to see if you can load the web pages properly:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/ (Situation 2)

Please check if there is anything related to the MTU on both the old Netgear Nighthawk and on the AX11000, you can try to change that on the AX11000 to be the same as on the old Netgear Nighthawk.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Web pages "hesitating" to load.-Solution
2021-08-23 19:43:29 - last edited 2021-08-24 09:46:47

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply:

I did a Google search, watched a couple of YouTube vids and I think I got the problem solved. I was getting the "Hmmm....we can't load that page" (paraphrasing) but then it would immediately load (sometimes) and at other times would not load at all.

I changed the adapter settings and it seems to have solved the problem (I hope). If it doesn't, I will give your suggestions a try especially the idea of cloning the MAC address from the old router to the new.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Web pages "hesitating" to load.
2021-08-24 09:47:27

@Papa_Nole 

That is great.yes

Please let me know if there is any further issues.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options