Setup assistance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup assistance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup assistance
Setup assistance
2017-03-08 23:16:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Scenario: Three floors. Old wooden house. Area per floor about 80 square meters. Clay in floors/ceilings.
Equipment: AC3200 (ground floor), 2 x AC1750 extenders.

How should I set this up? Not asking which channels to use, I'll have to figure that out later when I see what my neighbors are using.

Should the extenders and the router have the same SSIDs.
What about 5GHz/2.4GHz, should they use the same SSID?
Or should they have names like 5GHZ1, 5GHZ2 and 2.4GHZ?
Should the Extenders use different network names like 5GBASEMENT and 2.4GBASEMENT and 5G2ND and 2.4G2ND? It would make it easier to see what is connected where, but also make it harder to manage passwords as that would mean my house would have 7 separate wireless networks.
How about adding a wired NAS to one extender? Would it show up on any device connected to any SSID?

I am having trouble staying connected and need to start from scratch. I can be in my kitchen, which is literally 4-5m from the router (behind two interior wooden walls with two open doors) almost line of sight, and I get time outs. Very frustrating.

I have been recommended to buy mesh network equipment, but the units I have now are less than 6 months old and should be able to do the job (?).

Best regards
Geir Rosset
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup assistance
2017-03-09 19:30:59
At first I'd recommend to reboot the computer, than reset ypur wifi router (look at the router's back there should be a reset button or unplug from power for about 1 minute that should reset it ) and set up it manually http://192-168-1-1.one/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 1

Related Articles