Powerline indicator on with NO LOAD, off with load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-30 09:54:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Everyone,
I just put on a pair of TL-PA411 Ethernet over Powerline adapters. After pairing successfully, I moved one of them to other locations to check the range. I was so happy that, the powerline indicator was on at almost all locations checked. The manual says that this indicator, in yellow-green light, indicates that the adapter is in a location with a good signal.
However, at all locations but one, once I connect a device to the adapter Ethernet port, the powerline indicator went off almost immediately and there was no connection. The only location that works was within 3 meters between the 2 adapters! It did not work even just a couple of rooms away!
Is this normal?
Regards,
Clement
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline indicator on with NO LOAD, off with load
2017-04-01 07:14:10
No that's not normal? Are the both plugged directly into a wall socket? If you use an extension block, they often have filters that block the signal....

If plugging in the Ethernet makes a difference to the powerline signal you might have a faulty device...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 1

Related Articles