Archer C9 5G only working with TKIP, not AES

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-24 18:34:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Connecting to my network's 5G band is capped at 54mbps on my computer and seems to only connect through TKIP. I can select the connection through the 'Network and Sharing Centre' on my PC, if I go to 'Wireless Properties' > 'Security' then it shows that the encryption type is TKIP. If I change TKIP to AES here then I am no longer able to connect to the band at all. The router is only set to run AES, not TKIP.

The 2.4G band works perfectly and goes up to about 300MB/S.

I have a TP Link Archer C9 Router and a TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 wireless card. I also use a TP-Link RE210 Range Extender.

I used to use the TP-Link Wireless Client Utility. Somehow, setting up a network profile through this and then connecting to that profile through the normal windows network programme allowed for speeds up to around 800 MB/S on the 5G channel. More recently this stopped working, I think a neighbour may have set up a new router.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the speed above 54MB/S on the 5G band? I've been searching and experimenting for a while but I'm out of ideas.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C9 5G only working with TKIP, not AES
2017-05-29 20:10:39
Bump.

I'm still struggling with this. I cannot figure out why it limits the connection to a TKIP encryption. Even when I set the router to AES only on the 5G band it still limits it to TKIP.

I've:
* Upgraded router firmware
* Reinstalled wireless card driver
* Reinstalled TP Link Wireless Configuration Utility
* Disabled NAT boost
* Enabled QoS

I've tried turning off the encryption/password. This shows it connecting at about 800MBps in the utility but for some reason the internet does not work this way.

Any ideas?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 927

Replies: 1

Related Articles