DLNA Archer C9 Update Application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-14 19:01:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought Archer C9, I changed my old TP-Link WDR4300. Excellent machine, everyone is happy. In addition to its media server (DLNA) - it can be updated only through the mobile interface of the admin, in the interface on the desktop, the Rescan button was forgotten. Yes, and on the mobile version of the admin forgot that there is an autocomplete of the username and password, while not tyknesh on the password field, says that the field is empty. Updating the content for the DLNA connected to the HDD Router takes a very long time, if a dozen movies and music have shaken, then maybe half an hour is updated.

Spit and wrote an application for android - the application connects via FTP (it should be enabled in the settings of the router), scans the content and updates the DLNA database (it is there, in the hidden folder). Updating the list of ~ 500 files takes a few seconds.
And most importantly, because of what took the application, the folder structure when viewed through DLNA players is exactly the same as on the screw. No you virtual folders with albums, producers, years and other husks. The only BUT - the application does not support images (there will not be photos on the DLNA player), you need to download every photo from FTP and parse the headers ...

Link to the Google Play app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.embarcadero.RescanArcherDLNA&hl=en
I will have someone's wishes - write, finalize.
And yes, the application can be run on android TV set-top boxes - launched, updated Archer, and forward, look from it what you want.
If anyone tests on other Archers, I will be grateful.
Options
1 Reply
Re:DLNA Archer C9 Update Application
2017-07-21 10:10:54
nice post, for the admin interface, can you show us some screenshot?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 1

Related Articles