Archer C5400 parental control problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 parental control problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 parental control problem
2017-07-20 20:03:52

vieldcs wrote

did anyone backup the settings from the old firmware? maybe this is caused by the old setting is not compatible with the new firmware.
So I did a factory restore and then was able to do all of the parenting controls. I tried reloading my backed up settings and the issue reappeared. Looks like I'll be spending an evening re-setting everything up after a factory reset
Options
2017-07-22 06:27:38

Btaz wrote

So I did a factory restore and then was able to do all of the parenting controls. I tried reloading my backed up settings and the issue reappeared. Looks like I'll be spending an evening re-setting everything up after a factory reset

If your setup is complex print-screen each setting then paste into a word processing document made the job easier for me. I could match the old and new.
Options
2017-07-22 22:58:23
Finally fixed the problem after a factory reset....... Luckily I haven't setup too much settings.
Options
2017-07-28 00:21:31
Glad it has worked for you. :) I had the same issue until I did a factory reset, then parental control started working. So I decided to post the steps I did to correct it. I know it's a little complex because one has setup again the router from scratch, but that was the only way to get it work correctly. And as some people just mentioned, the old firmware backup is not compatible with the new firmware; even if you backup your old settings, they are not compatible with the new ones.
Options
2017-07-31 20:48:21
go720er, your solution worked for me also. The lesson here is, when installing a newly purchased router, the first thing to do is to update the firmware. The overlooked part was to to perform a factory default restore before completing your setup, because you will likely have to do everything over again. My problems were not only Parental Controls, but QoS and Security as well.
Options
2017-08-22 01:29:24
After a power failure that wiped all the settings (why did that happen???), i figured I'd do the "restore" button process outlined above. It did work...parental controls now seem to save.

HOWEVER, when trying to use the bedtime controls, and doing a little testing, and I'm seeing some confusing behavior.

1. Bedtime "from" time work...the added device loses internet access when the "from" time is begins.
2. Bedtime "to" time DOES NOT work...the device does not regain access when the "to" time is reached.
3. Changing the "to" time to an earlier/later time to see if access can be regained does not work.
4. Disconnecting from WI-FI, then reconnecting, does not regain access.

I wonder, does "Bedtime" imply that the "to" time is really Tomorrow?? so an access time of "from 10:30pm" and a "to" time of "6am" is really "From Today at 10:30pm to Tommorrow morning at 6am"??? so if you set the "from" at 10am and the "to" at 11am...what I'm really doing is setting bedtime to be "from today 10am to Tommorrow morning at 11am"??

I don't really have a way of testing this unless I sit up all night and wait for today to become tomorrow I guess...? Can anyone confim?
Options
2017-08-23 10:41:55
did you reboot the router? try it if not. otherwise, set it from 10.am to 11am to test whether access can be regained.
Options
Related Articles