GilianLV1Online
Following: 0Followers: 0
Forums/ Deco
2020-10-18 16:33:31
Re:Why do the Deco devices still resolve DNS for domains other than tp-link when in AP Mode
@TP-Link_Deco and with a firmware update another site is added to the list of sites that is pinged or accessed. Why? It is not needed. Please remove this from the firmware. Pinging or accessing sites...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-09-13 11:15:33
Re:Why do the Deco devices still resolve DNS for domains other than tp-link when in AP Mode
@TP-Link_Deco As expected the deco still runs fine in AP mode with all those servers blocked. There is absolutely no need to have any communication to those servers. I don't want any unnessecary...
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-09-09 06:18:35
I do not believe that there is a need to Ping those sites. Especially not in AP mode. I blocked access to those sites for a while now, and no issues. So i proved that they are not needed. And i...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-09-07 07:54:33
@TP-Link_Deco I am very sure that it works different than you describe. This sound like you don't know how it actually works, or don't want to tell. None of these sites are DNS servers!! And the Deco...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-09-07 07:21:34
@TP-Link_Deco i understand that it is cloud based, but what had that to with all these sites? Netflix, Facebook, reddit, live.com bing.com I blocked all of them and Deco and Deco app work juist fine.
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-09-05 15:48:20
@JJ425 i have the same issue with M9 plus in AP mode. Firmware 1.4.0 every 2 minutes. bing.com live.com reddit.com Netflix.com Facebook.com a.root-servers.net why? There is absolutly no need. also...
1HELPFULS