Suggestion for M5 + M4 system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-06 16:59:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

My house is a 3 story building.

With 4 bedroom, 1 living room and 1 kitchen. I place 3 m5 nodes and 3 m4 nodes with daisy chain like below. 

In back room f2 (2nd floor)  I only got around 30Mb, sometimes 40Mb. My network is 70Mb.

Do you guys have any suggestion to improve my network? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Suggestion for M5 + M4 system
2019-10-06 20:29:43

@Bluess Where is your internet Connection?

Case in Living room 

Change locations:

LR: M5

KT: M5

FR1: M5

BR1: M4

FR2: M4

BR2: M4

SIMPLE, change M5 from FRF2 to KITCHEN and back to back

Options
2019-10-07 03:13:46

@leogz My main deco is in living room.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try it out tonight.

So I suppose, I cannot expect full 70Mb speed at back room floor 2 right? As packets travel through different routers before arriving at my devices.

So can expect at least 80% at back room f2?

Options
2019-10-08 02:45:35

@Bluess 

Hello, you can give it a go by exchanging the locations between FRF2 Deco M5 and BRF1 Deco M4; 

Meanwhile, you can exchange the locations between FRF1 Deco M5 and BRF2 Deco M4 to give it a go. 

For the internet speed, except the multiple internet nodes that transfer the data packets, the network environment is a key which affects the actual speed a lot, including the distance, obstacles. 

If possible, you can connect the Deco on the second floor to the first floor unit by wired cable. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 809

Replies: 3

Related Articles