Votes

Kasa Schedules & Timers in Seconds?

Votes

Kasa Schedules & Timers in Seconds?

15 Reply
Re:Kasa Schedules & Timers in Seconds?
2023-01-23 15:57:30 - last edited 2023-05-19 10:20:08

@Kevin_Z 

it's 2023. The initial feature request was from 2019. What's the deal on this? When can we hear back that there's some movement? It's either yes or no. 

come on......

Options
2023-03-12 12:13:57 - last edited 2023-05-19 10:20:08

I agree, the option for granularity in seconds would be very useful. I also use Kasa smart plugs for my reef aquariums and have one controlling my alkalinity dosing pump. It runs for 1 minute every night, but it would be beneficial to break that up into 4 separate 15 second intervals. I'm considering spending $200 on a special controller/dosing pump that offers this granularity. The fact that these smart plugs still work if they lose Internet/WiFi is hugely beneficial, and coupled with the option for programming in seconds would be a game changer. I love the Kasa products and have 8 smart plugs, 3 smart switches, 3 cameras, a power strip and 10 or so light bulbs. So as you can see I am heavily invested in the Kasa ecosystem. PLEASE PLEASE listen to your user community and find a way to add this functionality.

Thanks,

RaymondNoodles

Options
2023-05-20 01:35:32

@Rhino 

I believe there is a seconds option.

-Tap "Smart" located at the bottom of the app in the middle.

-From there Select "Smart Actions" at the top.

-Tap the "+" in the upper right hand corner and select "Smart Actions."

-Add a trigger (which can be a time, just like a traditional schedule).

-Add an action and select "Control Smart Devices", select your device and then '"On" Duration' at the bottom of the list and you can choose hours, minutes, seconds. 

Options
2023-08-15 22:08:41

@latex_kasa

Confirmed this workaround works. Was setting the smart plug stripped for exactly the same purpose as other users mentioned above, aquarium dosing pump (BRS dosing pump) controller. The smart control feature requires few more steps, but it does help to get the timer at seconds resolution.

Options
2023-12-08 23:55:18

I agree, I'd love to have this feature as well, being able to control things in second intervals.

For lights and general household appliances, the seconds aren't that important but there are many other items where the "seconds" features unlocks tons of possibilities when it comes to automating your life.  Certainly, this is something TP Link can do, with enough demand and requests from the community.

Speak up, everyone :)

Thanks

Options

Voters 3