Modem to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Modem to router
Modem to router
2019-12-09 08:27:27 - last edited 2019-12-09 21:55:02
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We got a new modem recently so I've reset my router and plugged it into the modem but it didn't work so. I the. tried resetting the whole modem how it said to do in the instruction on the box, but alas still not working. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Modem to router
2019-12-09 14:37:56 - last edited 2019-12-09 21:55:02
Since you got a new modem, connect a PC direct to the modem via Ethernet cable and see if that works, If not you need to get that working prior to bringing the WA801ND into play. It could be your ISP or your modem with the issue.
Options
Re:Modem to router
2019-12-10 03:29:49

@Iwearsocks 

Please ensure that whether you can get internet from the new modem directly; if so, the internet connection type would be dynamic IP; while considering the TL-WA801ND is an access point, to share the internet with multiple devices, a regular router is needed; 

If there is no internet, that means you need setup the router with username and password given by ISP to make it work, which TL-WA801ND does not capable of, you still need a regular router to make the whole network work. Like Archer C7, Archer A7, Archer AX1500 and so on. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 2

Related Articles