Deco M9 in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 in AP Mode
Deco M9 in AP Mode
2020-04-02 21:07:57
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently got a new modem/router from my internet service provider.  With this upgrade they promised me better performance I wanted to test it out.  

In my previouse set up I had turned the wifi off on my modem/router in favor of using teh mesh system within the Deco. 

In my new set up I've left wifi turned on on my modem/router and then set the Deco up as AP mode.   So I feel I have 2 access points now.. my router and then one of the Decos.   

My question, I have the same user name and password for my wifi set up on both the modem/router and the Deco.  Is this the proper way to set this up?  I'm thinking it's ok for the two devices to share this information but I wanted to make sure.  I'm I causing any conflicts that I do not know about?

Ryan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 in AP Mode
2020-04-03 02:59:57

@RyanEverhart789 

Hi, in theory, it is ok to set up the same wireless network name and password for the two devices. While cause the modem router does not support Mesh(cannot build up a mesh network with Deco M9 plus), you won't enjoy the seamlessly roaming between switching to those two networks. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 1

Related Articles