Remove old router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remove old router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Remove old router
Remove old router
2020-05-17 15:55:07
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

Just purchased the E4 twin pack to remove black spots within the (relatively small) house and garden. Followed installation guide (connected one to my current router, another has been located the other side of the house, near the garden). 

Problem 1:

Now the download/upload speed next to the 2nd E4 is very different to the main one. So hardly any signal going to the garden.

Problem 2:

I read that these could replace my current router provided by my broadband provider. How do I do this? I don't have a separate modem, just an Adsl going from a BT socket to my router. Ideally I'd like to get rid of it or boost the signal around the house, or both.

It just seems all I've done is added an extender to another part of the house which isn't performing well, which is what I was trying to avoid.

Any advice would be appreciated from a complete novice when it comes to mesh systems and WiFi.

TIA

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 0

Related Articles