When is the firmware update coming up for Deco P9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-31 12:49:49 - last edited 2020-06-03 11:21:09
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When is the firmware update coming up for Deco P9? Please give me a timeline.

Not vague answers.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:When is the firmware update coming up for Deco P9?-Solution
2020-06-01 09:05:22 - last edited 2020-06-03 11:21:09

@ncoder007 

According to this post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/209854, from Friday 29/05/2020, then new Firmware should be available in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen circumstances. That should mean something like June 12-14. 

Let's see if that's true or not

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:When is the firmware update coming up for Deco P9?
2020-06-01 01:56:17 - last edited 2020-06-01 02:01:41

@ncoder007 

I contacted support regarding availability / timeline for new firmware for the P9 and received the below response!

"so if you want to update the firmware of it, please go to the Deco App and try to check if a new firmware is released for the Deco P9.

And for the plan, we may need to tell you that we have plans to release the firmware of the Deco P9,

but we can not promise the exact date.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience."

So nothing specific, and pretty disappointing considering the P9 is definitely in need of a new firmware (Fixes and access to feature within the underlying config).

Options
2020-06-01 08:31:00

Thanks @FireDZ 

I am wondering why the business made decision to release a product to market that is not ready yet. I wont be buying anymore tp-link products, that is sure.

Options
Re:When is the firmware update coming up for Deco P9?-Solution
2020-06-01 09:05:22 - last edited 2020-06-03 11:21:09

@ncoder007 

According to this post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/209854, from Friday 29/05/2020, then new Firmware should be available in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen circumstances. That should mean something like June 12-14. 

Let's see if that's true or not

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-06-01 15:51:26

@jpasan I've been on the fence about installing the Beta firmware. I like that it includes more features but I don't feel like I should be beta testing what routers from the early 2000's have already had. I've been one of the lucky ones that haven't had the disconnect issues running the September version. My need is to be able to better manage the network with DDNS, DHCP range, connection avenue (Powerline vs ethernet vs wifi backhaul). I know most people like using apps on their smartphones to configure their network but I hate it. Give us both options. You can even have the advanced features only on the browser configuration page. Anyways, I have until July to return them so if the update isn't out by then and it isn't good I'll exchange them for the ubiquiti alien.

Options
2020-06-02 03:03:30

I just got the Deco P9 and like many have shared, it was extreemly dissappointing to see the lack of functionality and painfuly minimal and incomplete interface. 

Seeing an expected release I'll give it a weeks or two then replace with another solution if the new firmware isn't released or functional then I'll start looking at other options.

It would be nice to see some sort of release schedule, issue tracking or at least a general road map.  A little transparency from TP Link would go a long way for the community.

Options
2020-06-03 17:25:24

Apps are the bane of modern consumer networking equipment. Lots of lost functionality in order to seem modern or something.

For Decos and the like, it does help with the setup, with the bluetooth helping, buf after that, give me a full featured UI.

Options
2020-06-03 20:03:02
Check the app there is an update available now
Options
2020-07-20 17:28:59
Been following this thread and running firmware "1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel. 52023" for a while now, which sorely lacks a lot of features. Mainly the following (which I was using on my previous Asus router and now have to resort to cumbersome configurations to "work around" them not being present on my TP-LINK Deco P9s): 1. Local domain configuration to allow for DNS suffixes on my LAN and allowing for my Pi-hole to connect to the router and utilize consistent names across the network. 2. Changing Wifi (2.4 / 5 GHz) channels on the router. 3. VPN client / server configurations. 4. SSH / telnet access to the router configuration. I would really like to continue using this product and therefore would love to see these features included in a future firmware release. Any answers on these matters would be kindly appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2315

Replies: 8

Related Articles