Port Forwarding failing despite trying everything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-10 02:41:01
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel.78773(5553)

I've been struggling with this all day and I'm not any closer to getting it to work. I'm trying to set up a Virtual Server to host a game server. But no matter what settings I change or what ports I choose, it always fails to send a connection outside of my home network with the Public IP Address. All the other guides I've found online haven't provided any soultions. Here's a list of things I've already tried:

Adding the ports to Port Triggering

Adding the ports in Windows Firewall

Enabling DMZ

Disabling SPI Firewall (Turned it back on as soon as I saw it didn't work)

Giving my computer an Address Reservation

Rebooting the router after adding the Virtual Server

And if it matters at all I'm not using the modem given to us by the ISP (XFinity), I'm using a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem Model MB8600. It only has one ethernet port and it's plugged directly into the Archer C4000. Any help I could get with this would be greatly appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding failing despite trying everything
2020-07-22 03:35:32

@Forrest5305 

Hello,

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to check some basic settings:
Why port forwarding feature is not working on my router?

If still no help, please provide the below details:

1. What is the WAN IP address of the C4000?

2. Use the WAN IP+port number on a LAN PC to test if the port is opened. If this access failed, it might be your ISP has restrictions on the port/service and you need to confirm with this. Additionally, we strongly suggest you turn off the firewall on the computer as some Windows computers' firewall blocks connection from WAN by default.

May this helps.

Options
Re:Port Forwarding failing despite trying everything
2020-07-22 13:41:37
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 2

Related Articles