Choppy Skype/Teams audio quality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 15:03:13
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181213 Rel.63587n

I have been using Tplink C20 router with my cable internet for last 11 months. I get good connect speeds of 25 Mbps but right since day 1 I have been facing choppy voice when I am on Microsoft Skype or Teams calls. Skype was very bad but now with Team issue is less but still persisting. I also have an ADSL connection which on a sperate Belkin router. It is a 16 Meg connection and I do not face any voice quality issues even when I am sharing my screen. I think with the Ethernet connection connected on TPLink I am not facing much issues but the WiFi is terrible. Any suggestions to improve this will help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Choppy Skype/Teams audio quality
2020-07-29 10:09:44

@Dev11 

Hello, sorry about that.

May I have your current network topology/layout? Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? Is it possible to show us a short video when you try to use the Microsoft Teams call and get a choppy voice issue?

What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams? Can you try on a different computer?

If the C20 is the main router in your network, please try to change the DNS settings on it to a third-party one such as Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot the C20 and computer then monitor again.

BTW, is this computer running Microsoft Teams calls connected to the C20 2.4G or 5G? Try a different wireless network and check again.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 1

Related Articles