Votes

Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
96 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device
2023-03-03 12:53:15 - last edited 2023-03-03 12:53:43

@Tamara1981 

My dillema too.

I have multiple Tapo cameras installed at different addresses. I want to share devices to different people wherever they are assigned to. Example: Person A of Branch 1 should be able to speak and tilt camera installed at Branch 1 only but not configure it (on Privacy mode, adjust detection area, etc). Person 2 of Branch 2 should only see cameras installed at Branch 2 and be able to speak and tilt camera. And so on...

If I have to share the username and password to all of them, all of them will be able to access all the cameras even it's not within their vicinity. Currently, shared devices can only watch live and view playback. I would also want them to speak to provide instructions to their vicinity. 

Options
2023-03-21 14:20:53

From my personal point of view, it is a basic requirement to share the same access permission or different level of permission with my family. I don't understand why we need to share the same admin account instead of the access permission. Please help to improve it in the next firmware edition, so we can upgrade our cam. Thanks in advance

Options
RE:Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device
2023-03-22 05:10:56
It’s a basic necessity to allow more than just viewing when sharing. I can’t believe it’s automatically restricted with no option to grant additional permissions. Sharing the same account with everyone is not secure and doesn’t allow for 2FA.
Options
2023-04-05 22:02:03

@Solla-topee pretty disappointing. I just replaced my xiaomi camera with Tapos only to find out that. Sharing feature is very limited. Like restrictions on how many accounts can access (this should be the whole family), voice control and the very basic feature (panning the camera). This defeats the very purpose of having a security camera. Now I'm regretting buying this tapo's

Options
2023-04-06 14:58:09

Needed! It's a joke that this is not yet implemented after all these years.. 

Options
2023-04-06 17:43:53
It’s essential to have this feature to share access/control in a household
Options
2023-04-06 18:19:30

I will make a re-fund at the seller if it's not fixed soon. 

Options
2023-04-07 16:31:03
Looking forward to grant permission to my family members to enable and disable the privacy mode.
Options
2023-04-08 16:18:12
Hi, I need to be able to give multiple family member admin access to 1 camera in a different house. I have my own house with my own tplink equipment and I would like to install tp link equipment (including c200 camera) at my elderly parents house. And give them admin access to their camera while retain admin access in case they need assistance or troubleshooting remotely. I live 30 hour flight away so having multiple admin accounts who can enable/disable alerts and pan and tilt is beneficial. Thank you
Options
2023-04-18 16:17:24
At least one other person should have full permission to control the camera (the issue of back-up is the most common to think of...). And from perspective of security it should not be done by sharing one account.
Options

Voters 53

+ 49 Voters