Load Balance for TL-R600VPN and Archer AX6000?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 09:44:27 - last edited 2020-09-18 11:38:22

I just want to ask, does the Load Balancing feature using Multi-WAN exists on the TL-R600VPN Safestream Gigabit Multi-WAN Desktop Router and the Archer AX6000 WiFi 6 Gigabit Router? I mean can I combine two or more Internet Connections from different ISPs to increase my total download & upload speed by adding up all working connections? For example, I have an allocated download speed of 50 Mbps for the 1st WAN and 20 Mbps for the 2nd WAN so theoretically I should get a total of around 70 Mbps?

Also, with Load Balancing feature enabled it won't cut off any current downloads even if one WAN got disconnected right?

I am considering getting either one of these TP-Link devices to also increase the security of our home network. I am currently using an Asus RT-AC68U Router and its hardware specs as well as security features are kinda limited.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Load Balance for TL-R600VPN and Archer AX6000?-Solution
2020-09-18 11:38:18 - last edited 2020-09-18 11:38:22

@RendCycle 

Hello,

Do you want to buy only one router or do you need them both? We may need to clarify that neither of the TL-R600VPN nor the AX6000 supports the load balance feature, only these models listed below support it:

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/load-balance-router/

For more details about Load Balance, please refer to the below FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2079/

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Load Balance for TL-R600VPN and Archer AX6000?-Solution
2020-09-18 11:38:18 - last edited 2020-09-18 11:38:22

@RendCycle 

Hello,

Do you want to buy only one router or do you need them both? We may need to clarify that neither of the TL-R600VPN nor the AX6000 supports the load balance feature, only these models listed below support it:

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/load-balance-router/

For more details about Load Balance, please refer to the below FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2079/

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Load Balance for TL-R600VPN and Archer AX6000?
2020-09-18 12:09:53 - last edited 2020-09-18 17:25:53

@Kevin_Z  Thanks for the reply. I actually only need one to replace our old Asus RT-AC68U router which has Dual WAN + Load Balance / Failover feature with support for USB 3G/4G Modem. Since its DOS Protection and Firewall is not that good, I'm looking for a replacement Gigabit router that has those features too but hopefully much better. I was aiming to get something that has more RAM and powerful CPU as well. I thought the Link Aggregation feature of the TP-Link Archer AX6000 can work as a second WAN? So it does not and it also does not have Load Balancing... sad But do both routers still have the Advanced Security feature for DOS Protection (see pic below)?

I guess if I go with TP-Link, I have to get a separate hardware from the WiFi Router to also have Load Balancing and Firewall features is that right? ...or does TP-Link have something that has all of these features combined in one hardware? Maybe the Archer AX11000?

Options
2020-09-24 08:09:02

@RendCycle 

Hello, thanks for the details.

The DoS Protection screenshot you attached is for some non-HomeCare routers, such as Archer C1200, while those models such as AX6000 and AX11000 are equipped with the Trend Micro Antivirus no longer have that option.

Get to know more about the Trend Micro Antivirus feature, please refer to the below link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1709/

Good days.

Options
2020-09-30 15:39:55 - last edited 2020-09-30 15:52:37

@Kevin_Z Yes, I just bought the Archer AX6000 instead. But learned too late that it had no DOS protection just recently in this post I've made. It's really difficulty knowing what software features most of TP-Links products have because it constantly changes even for similar models. When I do research online, I find old reviews and articles that say differently and when I buy the product, that is the time I actually get to use it and learn some things have changed.

I wish TP-Link did not remove the DOS Protection for their new Routers even with HomeCare. Because its one of the features that other popular consumer Routers seem to be missing. When I look at my old TP-Link Routers, they seem to have more powerful built-in features compared to the new models. But of course WPA3 and WiFi 6 is important too although most cannot fully utilize them yet.

If there are direct DOS attacks, I'm not sure if HomeCare will be able to handle that since i think it mostly protects only from known Antiviruses and Malware? So there is now no basic zero-day attack protection for the new Routers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1979

Replies: 4

Related Articles