Facing reconnecting issues with 2.4GHZ

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-22 04:33:36 - last edited 2020-09-25 08:24:30
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Recently i have purchased Archer C20 AC750 Dual band Router.Initially it was good later I have been facing reconnecting issues with 2.4GHZ and slow internet sometimes but 5GHZ is working good in lower range as expected.

FYI I have only default firware that TP-Link given at the time of purchase.

Also,I have verified led light are showing as green for both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ.

Can someone please help me on this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Facing reconnecting issues with 2.4GHZ-Solution
2020-09-25 08:24:25 - last edited 2020-09-25 08:24:30

@VinodhKumar 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

So the current Archer C20 will lose connection on 2.4GHz while 5GHz is stable? Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the wireless channels. Next, review the wireless channels on the router. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588​​​​​

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Facing reconnecting issues with 2.4GHZ-Solution
2020-09-25 08:24:25 - last edited 2020-09-25 08:24:30

@VinodhKumar 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

So the current Archer C20 will lose connection on 2.4GHz while 5GHz is stable? Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the wireless channels. Next, review the wireless channels on the router. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588​​​​​

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338

Replies: 1

Related Articles