Can I use Archer C20 to receive 5Ghz WiFi and repeat it with 2.4 Ghz?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 16:30:51 - last edited 2020-11-05 02:02:38
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to buy a TP-Link Archer C20 Router to use it to receive a 5Ghz Wifi Signal from my Office across the street and I want to repeat it inside my house but in 2.4Ghz mode. Is that possible using Universal Repeater mode? or WDS can do the trick -Keep in mind I am not sure about my office's router supporting it-? or This is technologically impossible 😂?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I use Archer C20 to receive 5Ghz WiFi and repeat it with 2.4 Ghz?-Solution
2020-11-05 02:02:20 - last edited 2020-11-05 02:02:38

@fawal 

Hello,

Theoretically, you can use WDS to extend the 5G Wi-Fi network, while we cannot guarantee it can build up a stable connection across the street, as there might be to much interference and the 5GHz coverage is theoretically shorter than 2.4GHz. Below is the instruction you can give it a go if you have already purchased it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Please notice that there may have some limits that will affect the performance, so we cannot guarantee the performance, even whether they can work together.

Good luck for you.

Nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I use Archer C20 to receive 5Ghz WiFi and repeat it with 2.4 Ghz?-Solution
2020-11-05 02:02:20 - last edited 2020-11-05 02:02:38

@fawal 

Hello,

Theoretically, you can use WDS to extend the 5G Wi-Fi network, while we cannot guarantee it can build up a stable connection across the street, as there might be to much interference and the 5GHz coverage is theoretically shorter than 2.4GHz. Below is the instruction you can give it a go if you have already purchased it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Please notice that there may have some limits that will affect the performance, so we cannot guarantee the performance, even whether they can work together.

Good luck for you.

Nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I use Archer C20 to receive 5Ghz WiFi and repeat it with 2.4 Ghz?
2020-11-05 11:47:49

@Kevin_Z My Smartphone connects to the 5Ghz WiFi from my house at nearly full speed. I just want to make sure that the router will be able to rebroadcast the signal in my house using 2.4Ghz. Plus, Can this router work in client mode? (I want it to connect to the 5Ghz Wifi. And work as a wireless adapter to connect my laptop to the router through Ethernet) 

Options
Re:Can I use Archer C20 to receive 5Ghz WiFi and repeat it with 2.4 Ghz?
2020-11-06 01:48:37

@fawal 

Hi, thanks for getting back.

When configuring it successfully to connect to the 5GHz wireless network via WDS, you can plug it into the Ethernet port of your computer and make it work as a wireless reciever.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 3

Related Articles