One Laptop in HotSpot Voucher in 24/7 Connection got a daily Limited Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 05:26:08
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

I have one client Laptop in 24/7 connections reported of always disconnection or having limited access on the internet on the daily morning time (not specific time) . I need some advise please. thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:One Laptop in HotSpot Voucher in 24/7 Connection got a daily Limited Access
2020-10-12 11:39:45

Dear @JhonneL,

I have one client Laptop in 24/7 connections reported of always disconnection or having limited access on the internet on the daily morning time (not specific time) .

Do you mean that other clients don't have the issue when they are connected to the same HotSpot Voucher in 24/7 connection? How would you get the Internet connection back on the client laptop when it shows limited access? Is the client laptop always connected to the same 2.4G SSID? 

If only the specific client has the issue, the HotSport Voucher should be configured well, you may check whether there is any special setting configured for the specific client, whether the MAC address of the client laptop will be periodically changed automatically. On the controller side, you could click the specific client on the list to check the private configurations to the client, confirm whether there is any special setting.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-12 11:55:07
So far there are two always clients connected to that SSID (AP) one is mobile phone user no report of connection issue. Where that laptop reported base on my monitoring it's connected for around 79% time on a daily basis (base on my other monitoring tools). The user several times reported the experience and good timing on our chat exact time their laptop experience the same limited connections which frequently complained. Yes I'm planning to check the device card settings properties might need to disable the power saving features. To mention the actual photo was taken while they are working (active activity on the net) from the machine itself. Is there's a development tools to be added in TPLINK OMADA SDN in future to include such type of disconnection from client side to AP in a mesh with omada sdn oc200 controller? I review the event and alert and don't see that particular incident of limited disconnection or previous reported issues in connection. Please advise. Many Thanks.
Options
2020-10-13 01:28:29

Dear @JhonneL,

To mention the actual photo was taken while they are working (active activity on the net) from the machine itself. 

I doubt that there is an issue on the wireless adapter of that laptop, as it actually works but shows "limited access". 

Try connecting the laptop with another different wireless network if possible, such as the hotspot WiFi from a cellphone, checking whether it would have the same issue. Try updating the wireless adapter of the laptop.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-13 15:01:51

@Fae Thank you for your suggestion and recommendation. Since they are a recent client of mine, no reported earlier raised when they are using their pocket my-fi device while working the internet on the same laptop, issues arise only from the time they have adapted my cost-effective solution on the cheapest price for internet unlimited download/upload voucher subscription (no data capping). Whereof course using a business device such as Omada Sdn oc200 controller, eap225 outdoor, and TP-Link Switch SG-TL1008MP with back end gaming routers ASUS RT-AX88U. I want to experience by my customer they have a good choice on using my service offerings and a cost-effective solution.

Although that case looks unique (since most hotspot user) are using a mobile phone, tablet and that's the only computer used my hotspot in most 24/7 setup :)

I will try of a check once they complain again about the limited connections on their wifi since they mentioned as well their laptop is quite old and area seems high density for a 2.4GHz radio.

Options
2020-10-14 00:43:51

Dear @JhonneL,

It's my pleasure. Please feel free to come back to the community if you need any further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 5

Related Articles