Unable to reach maximum speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 22:20:18
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have a laptop with Intel 9560 160mhz card that allows to reach 1733mb / s in 2x2mimo configuration. I have an internet line that reaches 1gb / s using wired cable. Despite the various attempts I do not exceed 300mb / s even if I manage to establish the connection at 1733mb / s. Even using 2 mobile phones each that allows to reach 433mb / s I do not exceed the speed of 350mb in total. I don't understand why I am not able to have the maximum speed and the tech support does not know how to respond. My previous $ 20 router has the same performance. Resetting the router does not solve the problem. Do you have the same situation?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to reach maximum speed
2020-11-05 03:11:14

@Piergiorgio 

Hello, please help verify some details, and we will try to fix it together:

1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connect a computer directly to the modem?

2. Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the AX6000 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2265.html

3. What is the speed tested on the Tether app? It might be different from that on your computer, we may think the Tether speed is more like the connection speed between the router and your internet, which would be different from the speed you can get on the computer, while we can verify it first.

4. Do you enable any QoS setting on the router? Kindly show me the QoS setting page on your AX6000, try to disable it then check again.

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-05 07:51:21

Hi @Kevin_Z,

my ISP is a small italian ISP fibra.city that use only fiber connection with max speed = 1Gb/s   

regarding all test and printscreen requested see the file attached.

PS

It's not possibile to test the internet connection using Tether app or internal router speedtest because them try to find the near server. This logic cannot be applied in my case because the ISP is located in Milan and I live in Rome and all connections exit to internet only on Milan, to test the real speed of my Internet connection I need to set manually the best server.

Regards,

Piergiorgio

File:
TPLINK.docxDownload
Options
2020-11-06 01:54:55

@Piergiorgio 

Hi, thanks very much for getting back.

Have you confirmed if there is any QoS setting on the AX6000? Try to disable it and reboot it, then confirm again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-06 07:20:20

Hi @Kevin_Z,  after reboot I have the same situation, slow download 😭

Options
2020-11-06 07:34:07

@Piergiorgio 

Hello, can you refer to the below link to check if you can update the driver for this laptop, even though the issue is different, we hope you give it and try:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/234446

BTW, we would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.  

Good day.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 951

Replies: 5

Related Articles