Votes

Save Current Settings as a New Scene - I have a lot of KL430 LED strips & workflow is a nightmare!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Save Current Settings as a New Scene - I have a lot of KL430 LED strips & workflow is a nightmare!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-12 23:23:57

I have nearly 20 Kasa KL430 LED strips in a video studio. So far I appreciate the quality and brightness but the GUI and workflow for creating complex scenes is quite arduous and limiting.

When I try to create a custom scene, it requires that I use a preset color or preset effect, and does not give the option to use a custom effect. This complicates the workflow far too much, and limits creativity.

There are several work-arounds that would be easy to program:

1) Offer a feature to "use current device settings as a new scene". This could be done for all or selected devices. 

2) Allow the use of custom colors or effects when building a scene, and not require someone to use presets.

3) Allow a lot more presets.

Perhaps I'm missing something, and if I am, please let me know if any of the above options are currently offered.

Here's a sneek preview of the studio (pardon the mess, it's a work in progress).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Save Current Settings as a New Scene - I have a lot of KL430 LED strips & workflow is a nightmare!
2021-08-12 23:26:31
Oh, and another feature request that would be helpful for my situation is to duplicate a custom scene. This would help immensely, so I can easily save and compare variations, and decide which to keep.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.