Deco M4 and Smart DHCP on/off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-17 21:27:28 - last edited 2022-01-06 08:40:58
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi, 

I have a mikrotik with WAN/dhcp server and M4 like a access point for home Wi-fi. 

half of my devices don't get internet because get IP like 0.0.0.XX, but dhcp server local share 192.168.10.XX

I reboot deco, power off , but don't help. 

what have an idea?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
[Solution]Deco M4 and Smart DHCP on/off-Solution
2021-10-20 06:59:26 - last edited 2022-01-06 08:40:58

@tokay 

Updated: Smart DHCP on/off option under Access Point mode

Hi, nice to see you again.

The beta firmware mentioned in the other post is not suitable for you since you have updated the firmware to be 1.5.0 while the beta is still on 1.4.3.

So I  would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for more advice.

May I know the model number of the mikrotik router?

Could you please send me a picture of your network topology?

When Deco M4 started assigning IP addresses, what is the LED light on the Deco?

By the way, what is the LAN IP range of mikrotik router?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and Smart DHCP on/off
2021-10-18 20:05:27

@tokay 

Netgear.  These are crap.

Options
[Solution]Deco M4 and Smart DHCP on/off-Solution
2021-10-20 06:59:26 - last edited 2022-01-06 08:40:58

@tokay 

Updated: Smart DHCP on/off option under Access Point mode

Hi, nice to see you again.

The beta firmware mentioned in the other post is not suitable for you since you have updated the firmware to be 1.5.0 while the beta is still on 1.4.3.

So I  would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for more advice.

May I know the model number of the mikrotik router?

Could you please send me a picture of your network topology?

When Deco M4 started assigning IP addresses, what is the LED light on the Deco?

By the way, what is the LAN IP range of mikrotik router?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-20 07:27:02

@TP-Link 

Hi

MIKROTIK RB2011ILS-IN (RouterOS 6.48.4)

Internet -> WAN Mikrotik -> DHCP server Mikrotik -> 192.168.10.1-192.168.10.100 -> Client

All iOS and macOS devices get IP 0.0.0.XX and few gadgets for smart home right now after connecting.

On DECO light white indicator.

TV, Windows PC and laptop have not a problem witch get IP from Mikrotik.

Options
2022-02-04 15:50:08

This is still broken as I have a functional DHCP server in my network and "Smart" DHCP refuses to remain disabled.  It is causing my network to be practically unusable because it keeps stepping over my real DHCP server.  For this product to be useable for those of us who run a real DHCP server (there's a ton of us, clearly) this feature needs to have an option to completely disable.  I don't want it to ever come on unless I turn it on, why is that such an impossible concept for the developers to grasp??  Just let me turn it off, and while you're at it, let me set whatever WiFi channel that I want to use!  I paid $500 for a WiFi system that I expect to be able to use.  It is unusable.  That price point comes with a certain expectation of control, and the power users currently have zero control.  

I have two x90's at the latest firmware in AP mode.  Just want DHCP disabled indefinitely and the ability to select my WiFi channels.  My DHCP server is serving a limited scope of IP's to my network, leaving about half of the range for static IP's.  I suspect perhaps this is why "Smart" DHCP is failing at its job.  Maybe it doesn't play well with limited DHCP scopes in the environment?  Whatever the case, the correct resolution would be to remove the "smart" feature and just leave it off if the user turns it off.  It really is maddening!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1567

Replies: 4

Related Articles