Deco M4 with Samsung Smart TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-10 11:49:39 - last edited 2022-10-12 04:04:35
Tags: #Deco Lab #Deco and Samsung
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Not sure on versions cos not sure where to check.

The Deco isn't connecting to my TV. Tried everything literally. Still isn't connecting. I have no idea what to do. It was working fine before we had a power cut. They still connect to everything else just not my TV. I've tried guest network. Rebooting everything. Including my tv. Roaming is disabled. 5g is non existent in my area. Changed the 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Changed the security. The TV connected before. Just not since we had a power cut - it's connecting to other networks (eg. My hotspot and the original router which is too far away for Netflix or Disney plus so they just buffer the whole time - which is the reason for the two decos). The decos are working with all other devices connected to them including an Xbox One X.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 with Samsung Smart TV-Solution
2022-10-11 12:15:08 - last edited 2022-10-12 04:04:35

@David-TP it turned out to be having to wait 72 hours before the TV fully realised what I was trying to do. Cos apparently it takes that long for some devices. It's so weird how all the other devices connected instantly and the TV took just under 72 hours.

It's working now.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 with Samsung Smart TV
2022-10-10 11:58:47

Would changing it to AP mode do anything? Or is there a simpler method?

Options
Re:Deco M4 with Samsung Smart TV
2022-10-11 12:10:40

@Hope-Marie 

Hi, Would there be any error message? if yes, can I have a picture?

It is also suggested to turn off Beamforming on the Deco APP.

Have you tried to restart Deco once?

And did the TV support Ethernet or WPS connection?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco M4 with Samsung Smart TV-Solution
2022-10-11 12:15:08 - last edited 2022-10-12 04:04:35

@David-TP it turned out to be having to wait 72 hours before the TV fully realised what I was trying to do. Cos apparently it takes that long for some devices. It's so weird how all the other devices connected instantly and the TV took just under 72 hours.

It's working now.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 705

Replies: 3

Tags

Deco Lab
Deco and Samsung
Related Articles