How do I remove my AX6000 from being a cloud device back to a local device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 19:36:23 - last edited 2022-06-28 12:58:50
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Originally when I set up my router I had an admin username/password, but I think when I added it to the Tether app it changed the authentication method to email/password.

How can I set that back to the way it was? I know I could reset it back to factory defaults, but hoping there is a simpler way.

What I have found is that the web login page seems to require Internet access and when it is down, I can't login in with the email. Does the authentication require Internet connectivity with TP-link?

Thanks in advance.

KV

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How do I remove my AX6000 from being a cloud device back to a local device?-Solution
2022-06-28 00:27:31 - last edited 2022-06-28 12:58:50

@KVnUS 

Hi,

There are a couple of mentions of how to remove the TP-Link ID from the router in the official AX6000 user manual. Is none of those options available in your particular firmware version?

Of course you will need at least one successful login attempt to get there ...

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:How do I remove my AX6000 from being a cloud device back to a local device?
2022-06-27 21:48:18

@KVnUS 

If your AX6000 login page looks like this select local password:

And on the next screen use your local admin password:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-06-27 22:27:17
Thanks, unfortunately mine doesn't have that link. I upgraded to the latest firmware this afternoon and it's still the same login page. Also, since my Internet was restored earlier today, the login page has been very unreliable, often just refreshing rather than logging in. Using developer tools in the browser, there is a JavaScript error: login.html?t=1620782041954:953 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'errorcode') Tried clearing cache/cookies and even tried another browser, same error. At least I can login through the Tether app. I believe it uses local admin/password from what I read from another post. KV
Options
2022-06-27 23:23:35
What is the URL is that gives you this login page? Maybe I could just enter the URL. The login page I'm redirected to is: http://tplinkwifi.net/webpages/login.html?t=1620782041954
Options
Re:How do I remove my AX6000 from being a cloud device back to a local device?-Solution
2022-06-28 00:27:31 - last edited 2022-06-28 12:58:50

@KVnUS 

Hi,

There are a couple of mentions of how to remove the TP-Link ID from the router in the official AX6000 user manual. Is none of those options available in your particular firmware version?

Of course you will need at least one successful login attempt to get there ...

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-28 12:58:39

@woozle, thanks so much! After finally getting back in this morning, unbinding the TP-link ID was the solution and reverts back to my old local logon password. The Tether app still works after logging in and now shows my router as a local device.

I did not realize that binding the TP-Link ID could prevent logon to the router when your ISP is down! Even after Internet performance was restored yesterday and I had managed to log in, clicking on the Basic/TP-Link Cloud link reported that my router was not connected so the unbind option was not visible.

I think another solution might have been to use the Tether app. Under Tools/TP-Link ID there is an option to unbind your TP-Link ID. 

KV

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 561

Replies: 5

Related Articles