Router sets an old IP for DynDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-12 20:31:48 - last edited 2023-10-13 09:25:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Have an issue with DynDNS with my router. Worked fine for months, but the other day my ISP must have done something, and I start getting quite different IP's form them. Used to be 31.x.x.x but now I get 100.x.x.x.

The router works fine with the new IP's, but my DynDNS service stopped. It do work in the sense that the router sends an IP to DynDNS, but it sends an old IP. The router log frankly says it does not send the current WAN IP but rather one I had a few days ago, and the logs at DynDNS confirms this. Tried the obvious stuff like reboot and renew WAN IP, but no change. Also tried the custom setting, and same behavior.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Router sets an old IP for DynDNS-Solution
2023-10-13 06:22:21 - last edited 2023-10-16 05:43:20

@BobbiF 

you should note that the interval time you set for the update. 

if it is 1 hour, you will have this 1 hour lag and you are required to manually log in to it and refresh it. 

controller mode offers an extra option to set a custom time. 

update:

and if you get 100.X IP, isn't that CGNAT??  you should contact your ISP. that's not a public IP address. not an issue with the router at all, bro.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-13 09:25:22 - last edited 2023-10-13 09:25:41

@BobbiF 

You got the problem. Should have googled a bit more... My ISP changed to CG-NAT, and then DynDNS is of course lost. Will ask the ISP to get a public IP again.

So tp-link was not to blame.

But thank you for the replies.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router sets an old IP for DynDNS
2023-10-13 03:03:30

@BobbiF 

1. If you don’t have any important configuration, have you tried resetting your device?

2. Maybe you can try to upgrade the latest firmware:

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023) - Business Community (tp-link.com)

3. Or you can use Omada Software Controller to manage your device, and then try configuring DynDNS.

Options
2023-10-13 06:22:21 - last edited 2023-10-16 05:43:20

@BobbiF 

you should note that the interval time you set for the update. 

if it is 1 hour, you will have this 1 hour lag and you are required to manually log in to it and refresh it. 

controller mode offers an extra option to set a custom time. 

update:

and if you get 100.X IP, isn't that CGNAT??  you should contact your ISP. that's not a public IP address. not an issue with the router at all, bro.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-13 09:25:22 - last edited 2023-10-13 09:25:41

@BobbiF 

You got the problem. Should have googled a bit more... My ISP changed to CG-NAT, and then DynDNS is of course lost. Will ask the ISP to get a public IP again.

So tp-link was not to blame.

But thank you for the replies.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 3

Related Articles