Changing WiFi on my extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 12:49:14 - last edited 2023-10-30 01:11:51

I'm really sorry but I don't know any of the details of my extender. I just need to know how to change the WiFi on it 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Changing WiFi on my extender -Solution
2023-10-25 18:52:06 - last edited 2023-10-30 01:11:51

@Clairejohnson22 

Hi,

On a client device (e.g. computer, phone, tablet) that is connected to the range extender open a web browser and go to the link http://tplinkrepeater.net/ .

If you are lucky, then this opens the login screen of the range extender's configuration webpage. Log in with the password you hopefully know and then go to the Wireless Settings menu to change your Wi-Fi settings.

Alternativey you can also install TP-Link's "Tether" app on a phone. With the phone connected to the range extender the Tether app should be able to find the range extender. Tap on its name and it will ask for the password to log you in.

Note that older models of TP-Link's range extenders might not be supported by the Tether app.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing WiFi on my extender -Solution
2023-10-25 18:52:06 - last edited 2023-10-30 01:11:51

@Clairejohnson22 

Hi,

On a client device (e.g. computer, phone, tablet) that is connected to the range extender open a web browser and go to the link http://tplinkrepeater.net/ .

If you are lucky, then this opens the login screen of the range extender's configuration webpage. Log in with the password you hopefully know and then go to the Wireless Settings menu to change your Wi-Fi settings.

Alternativey you can also install TP-Link's "Tether" app on a phone. With the phone connected to the range extender the Tether app should be able to find the range extender. Tap on its name and it will ask for the password to log you in.

Note that older models of TP-Link's range extenders might not be supported by the Tether app.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 1

Related Articles