MESH BUZZING NOISE

MESH BUZZING NOISE

MESH BUZZING NOISE
MESH BUZZING NOISE
2023-11-21 16:44:52
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

If you have a deco p9 V1 then you may get some buzzing noise from one or a couple of your units.

This is a known hardware defect and can be found on the internet.

Apparently a capacitor (if I remember correctly) has stopped working and the only way to fix it is to change a piece on the motherboard.

Some guy has a step by step process on how to do it on the internet.

I assume this applies to other deco units as well (at least the cause of the noise, where the defective part is may be different).

Just to let you know, in the case of the p9 V1, it is a widespread issue.  How they can sell these defective (but new) products on amazon etc, I didnt know tplink's ethics are so low.

Options
8 Reply
Re:MESH BUZZING NOISE
2023-12-01 11:06:19

@henhen59 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. 

If the device is still under warranty, it is highly suggested to contact the local warranty office to replace it first in stead of dismantling the hardware.

V1 had already been end-of-life and also out of stock for quite a long time. The Deco P9 currently for sale has been updated to V2 and the hardware has also greatly improved. There hasn't been any feedback about noise issue on the V2 ever since.

Best regards. 

Options
2023-12-10 13:19:09

@David-TP Hello David, I recently purchased 2 Deco P9 routers from Amazon Spain.

TP-Link Deco P9 (2-Pack) - PLC Wi-Fi Mesh Híbrido con Powerline, adecuado para Paredes Gruesas, Powerline AV1000 + WiFi AC1200, Cobertura de hasta 370 ㎡, 2xPuerto Gigabit, CPU Qualcomm : Amazon.es: Informática

Unfortunately, I received V1 routers that have the noisy bug (see attached photo).  In Amazon, there is no information regarding whether they are V1 or V2. There is a product description link for the routers: C1mo7JH8UpS.pdf (media-amazon.com). However, I do not see any information about V1 and V2. 

This is frustrating and I am going to send back the 2 Deco P9

Options
2023-12-11 02:10:44

@Quelel 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I did remember Deco P9-V1 has been end-of-life for quite a long time and all the P9 for sale should be V2 now.

I will report your case to the senior engineers to see whether they have any further suggestions.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
2024-02-08 19:12:19

@David-TP 

Hello, I bought my v.1 deco p9 from the TP-LINK STORE on amazon on dec.2022.  Seems like now, TP-LINK off loaded all their defective P9 units to unsuspecting customers before taking them off their amazon store. 

Perhaps you are referring to 1 year as "quite a long time"?

Selling these defective units as new, knowing there is a hardware issue should be a crime.

Options
2024-02-09 08:36:33

I own 2x M4 version 2 and i also hear a buzzing noise especially when they're under high utilization.

@David-TP my guarantee has ended, any suggeston on what I can do?

Options
2024-02-16 20:42:30

@theoapo 

1. google the fix for the deco p9.  its a "simple" take out the capacitor and put in a new one.  Should not be too expensive for someone who knows about soldering to do.

2. throw them in the garbage before they explode and burn your house down.

3. Start a class action law suit against tp-link for selling known defective products and having reps on forums deny the fact by saying the v1 models are not sold anymore

Options
2024-02-18 10:17:44 - last edited 2024-02-18 10:19:26

@henhen59 

Hi, nice to see you again. If you bought the Deco P9 in Dec. 2022, instead of disassembling the hardware,  it is suggested to contact the local technical support team directly for replacement.

Thank you very much and Best regards.

Options
2024-02-19 15:17:28

@David-TP 

Well, I am 1000miles away from the USA now.  There is no tp-link anything in the country where I am now.  Sending those 3 units and cables back to Miami would have cost more that what I paid for them using fedex.  I could wait until summer 2024 to go back with them but that would mean I would have had 8 months of use of them out of a year and a half with the units.  Then after bringing them back,  i would have to wait how long for them to revise, fix, substitute or deny my claim?

Forget it.  

i opened them up and had some local guy change the capacitors as outlined by someone here.. even the one that wasnt buzzing.  Couldnt wait a year or buy another system.

Chances are this summer ill put them up on ebay when Im back in Miami.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 8

Related Articles