Access Point Detection

Access Point Detection

Access Point Detection
Access Point Detection
2024-02-14 08:26:44 - last edited 2024-02-18 09:00:45

Dear All,

not sure if the right forum, or better to be placed in the WiFi/AP section. 

Following constellation:

2 remote sites (site 1 and site 2) controlled by an OC300 on site 1

2 tp link routers - ER8411, one connected directly via LTE, the other (Site where the Controller is located) is behind another device, Not connected directly to the internet

a couple of Omada Switches on both sites

Omada Utility - Controller Version  5.12.9/ Firmware 1.19.3 lists all routers/switches on both sites, but:

—> not the Access Point EAP670/AX5400

AP was fully functional on site 1, newest firmware, and should be moved to site 2

What I did: disconnected/deleted from site 1 and the controller; reset using the button, connected to a switch on site 2

Nothing happens. Simply not detected. Very different to the Omada switch added a couple of weeks ago - that one was detected immediately.

Bringing the AP back to site 1 —> immediately detected.

What am I doing wrong? Looked at some of the hints provided in previous posts, but not successful. Irritating for me that the Switch came up immediately, whilst the AP not. Asked myself if perhaps there is still a configuration active from site 1.

Also, if I configure the AP at side 1, the utility asks where to allocate the AP. Ticked "Site 2" and continued with the configuration. Assigend IP via DHCP. When physically connecting the AP now to Site 2, it still shows the IP assigned at site 1. The App says "configuring". Nothing further happens. When I change the IP manually to an IP of site 2, the Utility immediately comes up with "Disconnected" and shows a red button.

Thx! Thomas 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access Point Detection-Solution
2024-02-14 14:51:20 - last edited 2024-02-18 09:00:45

Issue solved.

Solution for my case was as follows:

- configured the AP at the site of the controller (site 1) as stand-alone AP (assume this can also be done at a locally different site)

- once done, one has access to the AP configuration menu (which is a bit different than the OMADA menu)

- here the path (IP address or full name) to the site where the controller sits can be specified (very similar procedure to the way of adopting other hardware)

- then the AP was moved to the physical network where it should operate

- the controller immediately found the AP and the adaptation process in the App ran successfully 

It is now how I wanted to have it, also IP addresses are allocated correctly via DHCP.

Thomas

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point Detection-Solution
2024-02-14 14:51:20 - last edited 2024-02-18 09:00:45

Issue solved.

Solution for my case was as follows:

- configured the AP at the site of the controller (site 1) as stand-alone AP (assume this can also be done at a locally different site)

- once done, one has access to the AP configuration menu (which is a bit different than the OMADA menu)

- here the path (IP address or full name) to the site where the controller sits can be specified (very similar procedure to the way of adopting other hardware)

- then the AP was moved to the physical network where it should operate

- the controller immediately found the AP and the adaptation process in the App ran successfully 

It is now how I wanted to have it, also IP addresses are allocated correctly via DHCP.

Thomas

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 1

Related Articles