Parental controls and content restriction are always on, even when they're turned off

Parental controls and content restriction are always on, even when they're turned off

2024-03-01 12:11:22 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230418 Rel.34085n

When searching for anything that's NSFW on Google, it says SafeSearch is on and can't be turned off because of the network device in use. Also, when I try to go to a site that's NSFW it can't be reached.

I have parental controls and content restriction both turned off in my router settings, but they both always seem to be on anyway. Therefore I can only access stuff suitable for minors on the internet.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental controls and content restriction are always on, even when they're turned off-Solution
2024-03-05 09:17:49 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Dazzer 

Hi, the router itself has no additional parental control if you disable it. It might be restrictions from ISP network.

For comparison, please insert the same SIM card into another 4G router or smart phone(enable phone hotspot), then connect the same device to that WiFi and test if there is similar issue.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental controls and content restriction are always on, even when they're turned off-Solution
2024-03-05 09:17:49 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Dazzer 

Hi, the router itself has no additional parental control if you disable it. It might be restrictions from ISP network.

For comparison, please insert the same SIM card into another 4G router or smart phone(enable phone hotspot), then connect the same device to that WiFi and test if there is similar issue.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 1

Related Articles