Omada SDN Controller_V5.14.30.7 Pre-release (Updated on Apr 10th, 2024)

2024-07-26 07:20:50 - last edited 2024-08-01 09:02:25
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V5.14.30.7

This Article Applies to

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.30.7 Windows

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.30.7 Linux_x64.tar.gz

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.30.7 Linux_x64.deb

Overview

We hope to offer you with a chance to experience the new features added in the Controller v5.13 in advance, and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release. All feedback is welcome, including lettings us know about successful upgrades.

Release Notes

New Feature

1. Added support for gateways: ER8411 v1.2, ER7412-M2 v1.2, ER706W v1.2, ER605 v2.2.

2. Added support for Aps: EAP 772 v2.

3. Added support for Controller IP Access Rules in Global View > Settings > Account Security.

4. Added support for Upgrade Logs, Upgrade Schedules, Beta Firmware Program, Cloud Firmware Pool and other function in Global view > Firmware.

5. Added support for Audit Logs unit in Global View: user’s operations will be recorded to facilitate system maintenance.

6. Added support for configuring following features with Omada APP:

-Bandwidth Control

-Deep Packet Inspection

-IPS/IDS

-IP Group

-MAC Filtering

-Dynamic DNS

-WLAN Optimization

-Load Balancing

Enhancement

1. Optimized Backup & Restore, added support of selection of configurations and data.

2. Optimized distribution of Export Data, added support for exporting data in the corresponding features module directly.

3. Optimized adaptability to SSL certificate, added support for importing certificate chain file of PEM format in Global view > Settings > System Settings > HTTPS Certificate.

4. Optimized default settings, enabled Fast Roaming, Gateway LLDP automatically.

5. Optimized the stability when using the terminal of devices.

6. Optimized the performance when managing clients in huge scale.

Bug Fixed

1. Fixed the issue that configuration can’t be sent to the Router and reports “The configurations of device are different from the configuration from the controller”.
2. Fixed the issue that some models’ firmware can’t be upgraded online, but only through manual upgrade.
3. Fixed the issue that the clients can’t connect the SSID with MAC Filtering under some certain configuration steps.
4. Fixed the issue that Controller takes up a lot of disk space after running for a long time.
5. Fixed the issue that LTE models lose the Internet after changing the Rate Limit via Open API.
6. Fixed the issue that the Tx Power (EIRP) setting of the EAP changes to High after the reboot, although the actual EIRP maintains.
7. Fixed the issue that Batch Config of WLAN Group doesn’t work for EAPs.
8. Fixed the issue of the display error of some models in Device Map.
9. Fixed the issue of failing to create SSID via Open API.

10. Fixed the bug that LDAP Server with ACL configured can’t be matched in LDAP Profiles.

11. Fixed the bug that topology would be misrecognized if LAG was enabled.

Notes

1. This version of the Controller is fully applied to the Omada APP of version 4.17 or above.

2. Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.

3. Since version 5.14.30.7, Omada Software Controller no longer supports upgrade from Controller v4.

4. Since version 5.14.30.7, Omada Software Controller(windows) only supports installation on Windows64-bit platform.

Firmware Download

Before the Upgrade

(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Pre-release firmware!

(2) For the sake of insurance, it's always recommended to save a copy of the controller Backup Config file before upgrade or downgrade.

(3) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada Controller. How to Upgrade or Downgrade Omada SDN Controller

Firmware Download Link

• Direct Download

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.30.7 Windows

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.30.7 Linux_x64.tar.gz

Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.30.7 Linux_x64.deb

Additional Information

If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the controller upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:

• Omada Controller version (previous and current)
  • Device Model(s), Hardware and Firmware versions
  • (if possible) A copy of the Log file and Backup Config file

If you decide to downgrade the controller before reporting the issue to TP-Link, it's suggested to save a copy of the current Log file and Backup Config file before you do that, which could help to investigate and address the issue quickly.

>> How to get the Log file and Backup Config file for Omada SDN Controller:

• If your windows software controller failed to get launched, please locate to the controller installation path for the Log file.

• If it's not a launch issue, you can export the Log file and Backup Config file in the local network.

• For Omada Controller v5.8 or later version,

In the Global View, go to Settings > Maintenance > Backup & Restore > Retained Data Backup, select Settings Only, then click Export for the Backup Config file. On the same page, scroll down for Export for Support, click Export Running Logs for desensitized Log file.

• For Omada Controller v5.6 or v5.7, 

Go to Settings > Maintenance > Backup & Restore > Retained Data Backup, select Settings Only, then click Export  for the Backup Config file. On the same page, scroll down for Export for Support, click Export Running Logs for desensitized Log file.

• For Omada Controller v5.5 or previous version,

Go to Settings > Maintenance > Backup & Restore > Retained Data Backup, select Settings Only, then click Export for the Backup Config file . Go to Settings > Services > Export Data > Running Log to export the Log file.

Update Log

July 26th, 2024:

Update Software Controller_v5.14.30.7

Recommended Threads

TP-Link Early Access Program Is Now Available!

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Experience the Latest Omada EAP Firmware - Trial Available Here, Subscribe for Updates!

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
14 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller_V5.14.30.7 Pre-release (Updated on Apr 10th, 2024)
2024-07-29 10:46:48 - last edited 2024-07-29 11:11:34

@Fae 

I upgraded without major problems, a remote site with ER707-M2 with fixed ip lost the connection, the internet settings changed from fixed ip to dynamic ip since there is no dhcp server for WAN the whole network went down.

this is how it looked after the upgrade.

The other routers on the controller have dynamic IP so I had no problems with them.

Note: i use Windows controller.

Options
2024-08-03 05:09:25 - last edited 2024-08-06 08:45:49

@Fae 

Hi, how can I restore the data? I can't find this,

and how do I manually back up data? there is no option for that.

@Vincent-TP 

Do you have any information on how I can restore DATA as shown in the picture?

the controller now does not backup everything in the same file as before but creates a zip file with this data. I can't find a way to import this data into the new controller

can you help me with it?

Options
2024-08-03 14:46:13 - last edited 2024-08-03 14:46:49

Finally got around to upgrading my controller and all seems well.

I do like the Beta Firmware/Controller sign up part.  Cant wait to test more.  

Self hosted Linux Controller. 

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-08-05 18:32:45

I like the look of the new firmware management feature, however it currently shows no firmware updates of any kind - No release, no beta, etc. for any of my devices.

I have a switch (SG2016P) on release firmware 1.20.1 that has an active beta 1.20.2 firmware listed the switch beta thread and I expected to see it shown once I enrolled in the beta firmware program. It is not shown.

Is this simply not all setup yet since it's still an emerging/wip feature?

Options
2024-08-05 19:25:46

@Fae 

When will this be pushed out to the OC appliances?  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-08-07 02:14:04

Hi  @MR.S 

What's the firmware version of the controller you were using before this update?

What's the model number, hardware version and firmware version of your gateway router?

Options
2024-08-07 09:08:20

@Vincent-TP 

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi  @MR.S 

What's the firmware version of the controller you were using before this update?

What's the model number, hardware version and firmware version of your gateway router?

I'm a bit unsure what this has to do with restore on this version, but ok,

the controller before was Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.14.26.1_Windows
and the router is ER8411 v1 1.2.2 Build 20240718 Rel.73882..

Options
2024-08-07 09:31:22 - last edited 2024-08-07 09:32:18

@Vincent-TP 

I am looking to run a restore of data from controller version V5.14.30.7 Pre-release to controller version V5.14.30.7 Pre-release, it is also just a test to see how restore works on V5.14.30.7 Pre - release.

I came across the above challenges which I can't figure out. restore of the DATA that I have marked in the image further up, I am unable to run the restore of user data and so on.

Options
2024-08-09 08:27:38

@MR.S 

Hi we care about the Internet connection type change issue. So we would like the old firmware of the ER707-M2. Thank you in advance.

Options
2024-08-09 10:48:11

@Vincent-TP 

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Options