Tech Support, Please Response

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-11 19:42:12
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.8 v0019.0 Build 131224 Rel.53716n

ISP : AirTel

Problems (too many):
1. Wi-Fi nowhere equal to other N300 or even N150 devices
2. Wi-Fi not even connected by some of the devices (they can only detect, not connect) even in Auto Channel and b/g/n mode.
3. Modem keeps on disconnecting (auto disconnect is off) now and then (3-4 every 5 mins)

I bought this modem (MODEL: TD-W8968) for my office, so working with many computes and Wi-Fi devices. Product is faulty/substandard. I am so sure because I replaced this piece of junk with Belkin N150 (F7D1401 v1) (I use it at home) and there are no issues either with WiFi or Modem.
When I installed TP Link at my home instead of my N150 Belkin I started getting same troubles at home as well. So I can surely conclude its not an issue of ADSL Line noise or WiFi Compatibility but of this TP Link Faulty Product.

I also tried calling customer care number (1800 209 4168) several times but nobody ever picks up the phone. Also mailed them 3 weeks ago. Response is still awaited. No Company. PERIOD. No Company has ever harassed me like this

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tech Support, Please Response
2014-02-12 11:27:30
Hi Kapil

1. How many devices do you connect to TD-W8968 via wire or wireless?
2. For those who can't connect to TD-W8968's wireless, set a static IP on your device, then check whether it will work.
3."Modem keeps on disconnecting (auto disconnect is off) now and then (3-4 every 5 mins)"
You mean Internet drop?(Both wire and wireless?) What's the state of ADSL light and Internet light? And can you log in TD-W8968's web page then?

Have you tried to reset your router and reconfigure it?
Options
Problems
2014-02-12 21:29:09
1. 4 through wire and 10 through wifi.
2. I have checked with both static and dynamic IP, nothing solves my problem.
3. Yes my internet drops both wired and wireless, ADSL status link light goes off and internet light goes off as well. And then after about 5 minutes both lights come back and internet starts working. I can access my router page even when the Internet drops in between.

I have resetted the router many times and have thereafter reconfigured it, but no luck. But we didn't face any issues when we used Belkin N150 for a couple of days (for testing).
Options
Responce
2014-02-13 14:43:10
No one response till that is the service you provided to people.

what is the sla of your company.
Options
Re:Tech Support, Please Response
2014-02-20 05:03:56
Have you tried change some settings? For example: in Network-->DSL settings, change DSL Modulation Type to G.dmt.

Maybe it work, if not, maybe you should contact the shop where you buy it as it's broken :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 4

Related Articles