TD-9970 Programming Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-20 04:01:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We are an ISP in Ontario and started using the TD-9970 for all DSL & VDSL accounts which we program in house and ship to the customer ready to go. The Quick Setup allows you to choose the ISP out of a dropdown list, and to our surprise we were actually in the list. But if we choose ourselves the customer will sync and authenticate but not surf. We have to change it to 'other' in order to make it work.

So we started just setting it to Other all the time, and can get the units to work fine here in the office. But when the customer receives the unit and sets it up in their house they can't surf. We have to have them log in to the unit and the ISP is set to the very top choice which is something like ADSL_3Web. Once we have them switch it to Other they can surf again. We have to do this for EVERY unit every time; it seems like as soon as the modem is connected to a new circuit it defaults back to 3Web as the ISP and they can authenticate but not surf.

I tried doing a full manual program where it doesn't ask for the ISP but it still happened. Is anyone familiar with this issue and know what we can do to avoid this? It seems unique to the 9970, I've never seen this with the 8960/8968 or 8816. Any help would be appreciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-9970 Programming Question
2017-08-02 16:06:01
Sounds like an issue related to default VPI, VCI, connection type, MTU settings. Probably the profile under ADSL_3Web mismatches the info needed for your line. What's exactly the ISP's name? And what info you would choose manually when you switch to Other?
Options
2017-08-02 20:55:51
The VCI is set to 0 VPI set to 35, or if it's VDSL VLAN to 35. But the problem is the information we program defaults back to choosing ADSL_3Web as soon as it hits a new circuit; so we can't program these in office without the customer having to log in and change it again when they receive the unit.

Ideally I would like to find a way around setting an ISP at all, I've never seen it on any other modem and never had this problem. I don't know if it's designed to try and save people time but it's causing nothing but grief here.
Options
2017-08-03 10:03:14
Did you also set up the username and password for the customer? If you can do that, I think the device would be plug and play when it is connected to the cx's place. The VPI, VCI and VLAN is actually the same with the info under 3-WEB, so I am not sure why this won't work. You may send an email to tplink support(support.ca@tp-link.com) to see what they can suggest.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 3

Related Articles