My Wifi Requires a Username and Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-22 04:54:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm trying to set up a smart bulb on my dorm wifi. The wifi here requires a username and password but the app only prompts me to enter a password. How do I connect to the wifi? I suppose I could use my laptop as a mobile hotspot but then I'd have to leave it in my room and on 24/7 if I want to be able to control the bulb. Is there any other way?
Options
1 Reply
Re:My Wifi Requires a Username and Password
2018-11-15 17:40:22

korbano wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm trying to set up a smart bulb on my dorm wifi. The wifi here requires a username and password but the app only prompts me to enter a password. How do I connect to the wifi? I suppose I could use my laptop as a mobile hotspot but then I'd have to leave it in my room and on 24/7 if I want to be able to control the bulb. Is there any other way?

I am not sure if you have the network enviornment for the bulb. The bulb will not be able to enter the credentials to connect over your school WiFi. If you happen to have a Ethernet cable available for a wired internet connection. You can prob connect a access point or a router that can utilize the connection in WISP / Hotspot router mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 956

Replies: 1

Related Articles