Issues using a TP-Link Range Extender with Spectrum Internet services

Issues using a TP-Link Range Extender with Spectrum Internet services

60 Reply
Re:Issues using a TP-Link Range Extender with Spectrum Internet services
2020-05-01 00:25:41
I worked with a TP Link tech and changed the channel settings on the router for the 2.4 and 5 channels, Still didn't work. What was the change on the extender?
Options
2020-05-25 16:45:15

@Carl  

Still waiting patiently for a fix. Would love to not feel like I wasted my money on this wifi range extender... What a bummer, I know it's more on Spectrum's modem being the issue but it doesn't change the fact that the extender doesn't work :(

Options
2020-05-26 18:29:15

@malrock 

I was told on Friday that this should be now resolved on all affected models, through firmware updates.  Although the issue with with the Specturm equipment our engineers found a software resoluiton.  I was on PTO on Friday so i was not able to post this information.  If you still have concerns with this after a FW upgrade please let me know. 

Options
2020-05-26 19:36:08 - last edited 2020-05-27 18:24:59

@Carl Fantastic! Thanks for staying on top of this for over a year. You have been a trooper and I apperciate all your help. Is the firmware update on the Range Extender or on the Spectrum router? Thanks again!

edit: just check this afternoon, 5/27 @ 2:00 PM eastern and it looks like the firmware update has not been pushed to the range extender yet. Hopefully it'll be soon

Options
2020-05-27 17:18:46

@malrock 

Wish i could of done more then just ask for updates but we are sometime regulated to being messengers.  From what I was told it is Firmware updates on our devices.  Cable device updates are typically done OTA when you power cycle the modem/router or when they force one for you.  

Best Regards 

Options
2020-06-21 16:23:05

@Carl Just following up, do you know if the update is now being pushed via the phone app or if it will be uploaded to the tp-link support website? Last I checked a few weeks ago it was on neither. Thanks as always!

Options
2020-06-22 23:54:19

@malrock 

If the device has OTA cloud updates then the firmware is typically there before it is posted on the website.  Generally speaking outside company holidays are when I am on PTO the website content like Guides, FW, Software and such are update on Fridays.  What model do you have and I will check when the last FW was added.

Options
2020-06-29 14:54:53 - last edited 2020-07-03 17:35:53

@Carl 

Sorry for the delayed response. I have the tp-link AC1750 wi-fi Range Extender: RE450 v2.0

edit: the firmware currently on the extender is: 1.0.4 Build 20171220 Rel.73615. Is this the newest one?

Options
2020-07-05 17:34:46

@Carl 

Also following this thread, I'm having the same problems as @malrock 

My firmware version is the same as his and I don't see a new one on the website or an option to update through tether

Options
2020-07-07 19:47:07
@Carl I read thru all the post after I posted my question. Thanks for keeping on top of this but With the newest FW on the router and I am assuming the newest FW on the Tp-link, there still seems to be an issue with internet connection.
Options