TP-Link TL-WPA8630P AV1300 dropping WiFi connection on mobiles every few seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TL-WPA8630P AV1300 dropping WiFi connection on mobiles every few seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA8630P AV1300 dropping WiFi connection on mobiles every few seconds
2020-12-24 14:11:38

@Daniel83 

Was there ever a fix for this issue?

I seem to be having the same issue with WiFi disconnecting.  I have tried separating the 2GHz and 5GHz networks and also renamed the SSID on my ISP router so they're not the same.  I've also made sure my devices are only setup to use one of these so I shouldn't hop between the different networks.

I have the issue with my Android phone and tablet and also my HP Windows 10 laptop.  The connection seems stable if I use the Ethernet port on the powerline adapter so it appears to be a WiFi issue.  It happens if I connect to the 2GHz and 5GHz SSID on the powerline adapter. 

When the connection is dropped it connects again quite quickly. 

If I connect to my ISP provided router I don't have the issue.

The devices appear to be on the latest firmware 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564

I'm stuck with what else to try.

Thanks.

Options
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA8630P AV1300 dropping WiFi connection on mobiles every few seconds
2021-01-12 15:38:00

@Tony I also have this issue with wifi dropping and I am stationary at my desk so it is not a roaming issue. Also, why would the feature to clone the wifi auto-sync feature be so prominently promoted on the advertising and packaging if it should always be turned off.

Please accept that there is a bug/fault here and help us to resolve it.

Options
2021-01-12 16:22:56

@Daniel83 

I had a couple of replies via email with "fixes".  They seem to have made it slightly more stable but it's still dropping connection a few times a day.

Reply 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about TP-Link product.

For the unstable issue of powerline devices, please try the following suggestions:

1. Turn off Power-saving mode on powerline devices: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

2. Put powerline units into the same room and test stability

3. Try different wall sockets for powerline units, and make sure they are away from home appliances.

Note: For multiple end devices and more than 2 powerline units, please simplify the topology and only leave 1 end-device and 2 powerline units for testing (A->B, A->C, B->C).

4. For 8/9 Series, please enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL" and check stability: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2027/

*For multiple (>2) powerline units of the same model number, please test 2 at a time, switch locations for them and see whether the issue happens on a specific unit /location.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply 2

Many thanks for your valued reply.

Please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1418/ change the 2.4G channel to 1 or 6 or 11, channel width to 20MHZ; change the 5G channel to a different one, channel width to 20MHZ.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a shame as when it's working it's great.

Options