Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
69 Reply
Re:Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.
2022-05-31 16:49:45

I suppose I was foolish in assuming this camera would be supported on Windows (at a minimum). I just know that I already had a Kasa smart plug, so when I went shopping for a basic baby camera I figured I'd give the Kasa camera a shot. I remembered buying TP-Link routers when I was younger and was usually happy with them. I still have time to return my Kasa camera and get something else.. any recommendations? I heard bad things about the Yi camera (specifically their privacy policy).

Options
2022-05-31 17:27:31

@PhrostB Yi has the best software on Android, and their Windows app is one of the best too.  They are also the cheapest monthly if you want history (5 cams for like $60/yr) and you get 7-sec history for free.  They also take microSD and even have custom IP camera firmware if you want to not use Yi's software.  I have 4 of their oldest and one 360.  All look great, are small, and don't take much power and never get hot.  Privacy is a concern with any cloud system, not just Yi.  I figure I would rather some company overseas spy on me then Google/USGov

Options
2022-06-01 17:28:45

@FrankJJ 

A solution for this might be to use the Windows phone link app.  Connect your phone and you should be able to view the Kasa app on your computer screen.

Options
2022-08-17 05:02:18

@FrankJJ I'm a PC user for 50 years.  Mac user half of that.  What a shame.  No support from TP-Link for either.  Terrible foresight.

Options
2022-11-10 21:02:40

@FrankJJ having the same problem and I also am concerned and may just send all 

my Kasa tplink back and look for something else.  What a total mess, can't get camera care either because they don't accept Discover credit cards

Options
2022-12-21 03:21:01

@FrankJJ 

Carl, if we buy something that is designed or even capable of running on our personal networks...we will MAKE it run on our networks. In fact, the more you fight it, the bigger your adversarial base becomes. Look at the whole WRT54g movement.

Can we please have the spec sheets (in full), or at the very least the default config parameters (ALL of them)? And if you tell me it's only cloud based output so help me god I will dig into the guts of this cheap a** camera's board and publish the f***** binary if I have to.

Otherwise you're working for people who bilk the customer AND use questionable labor practices, instead of just the later. 

Tootles!

-The Orijinul

Options
2023-01-11 20:08:22

@Stevo77 - I tried using Bluestacks and LDplayer emulators and while both allow you to run the App, I found that even though the Bluestacks is running on a computer in the same local network as the KASA camera, I still get the 10 minute limit for live viewing.

Options
2023-01-16 19:45:15

@Little_C I too can stream the camera on my PC with LDPlayer but I get the 10 minute timeout.  Have you found a way around this?

Options
2023-01-16 20:06:45

Thank god for new York's right to repair law!  Come July you will provide technical details or you won't sell your product in this state.

Options
Related Articles