Problems bridging with A7, problems with ICS with A6, problems connecting to internet with A6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems bridging with A7, problems with ICS with A6, problems connecting to internet with A6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 01:10:20 - last edited 2020-11-06 19:16:01

Scenario: I want to have a high speed wifi connection direction to my PC. The modem is on a different floor. Solution: Attach a wifi router to the PC and connect to the internet either through wifi or the PC. 

Attempt 1: Access Point Mode. Does not work connecting ethernet to wifi. 

Attempt 2: Windows 10 bridging. I followed some very clear instructions several times. My IP address, subnet, and default gateway were all correct (on bridge adapter). Result: I could not even ping the A7 upstairs, much less get internet from it. 

Attempt 3: Windows 10 Internet Connection Sharing. Result: The A6 (local router) change networks when it detects ICS is on. Does not leave a default gateway for me to find its address. tplinkwifi.net does not work. Internet is not shared. 

Attempt 4: Update firmware. I go upstairs connect to the PC and modem. I can connect to the router, but I can't load the configuration menu. Internet does not work (yellow light). 

It's been a long day.

Any ideas on any of the points listed would be great. Most frustrating for me is the bridging which seems really straightforward but something is going wrong there. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problems bridging with A7, problems with ICS with A6, problems connecting to internet with A6-Solution
2020-11-03 23:10:08 - last edited 2020-11-06 19:16:01

@verblox 

You want to set up WDS Bridging.

If you are using the A6 to be the device near your computer follow this FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1555/

You can only bridge one band to the main router so I would recommend bridging the 2.4G as that has the furthest reach.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems bridging with A7, problems with ICS with A6, problems connecting to internet with A6-Solution
2020-11-03 23:10:08 - last edited 2020-11-06 19:16:01

@verblox 

You want to set up WDS Bridging.

If you are using the A6 to be the device near your computer follow this FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1555/

You can only bridge one band to the main router so I would recommend bridging the 2.4G as that has the furthest reach.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Problems bridging with A7, problems with ICS with A6, problems connecting to internet with A6
2020-11-04 03:24:07

@Tony That did the trick! Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 2

Related Articles