Ceiling Fan switch

Ceiling Fan switch

40 Reply
KS240:Ceiling Fan switch
2024-01-31 16:50:35

Hi, I too have been waiting for the fan control switch, and I think TP-Link will release them hopefully soon but after CES 2024 my gut feeling tells me Kasa brand will be discontinued and replaced by Tapo, nothing of Kasa was mentioned.

It is shame as I am happy with Kasa switches, lights and sensor but time to move on.

Options
2024-01-31 18:52:31

Hey @Aravot,

The device is still set and is now going through the normal distribution processes. Keep an eye out for an update, as we are preparing launch content for the community this week. (I will also tag everyone on this thread the day that the device is released).

Kasa is still very much alive and is continuing to receive new products and features (oftentimes ahead of Tapo, such as with Geolocation). Kasa will continue to release devices and updates for what you would consider 'core' smart home devices - plugs, lights, switches, cameras etc. Tapo is simply beginning to focus on a bit more of the niche products, such as Vacuums, Sensors, and Hub-Based devices for Sub-GHz communication.

You are correct that at CES, we mainly focused on our Tapo line of products. However, there were not too many overall announcements for new products - rather, we focused on features such as Matter, Apple Homekit, Smartthingss, and ColorPro Nightvision Technology - all of which may be or has been applied to all brands, not just Tapo. 

We did further introduce the fact that your Kasa devices can be configured or integrated into the Tapo app if you would like to automate them with Tapo sensors or simply want all your TP-Link devices in one app. Our aim is not trap users within one ecosystem, so this integration, along with the upcoming matter devices, is the first step in making sure that you can control your devices however you would like.

Options
2024-02-02 02:07:48

@Riley_S I truly do appreciate the response and updates. I know I have been particularly hard against you and disapproving of how TP-Link has chosen to handle not only this situation, but any situations. I realize you're only passing along the information you're given.

I do hope the discontent that TP-Link has decided to show it's most loyal customers is being communicated to your management and your product teams. If not, please start stressing to your management that you are at the beginning of pushing your customers away.

I really am all-in with Kasa devices; cameras, switches, plugs, and bulbs. And I have considered getting into the Tapo line, specifically the cameras because the KC400 false-advertises the ability to use it as a baby camera, due to dropped connections. Another issue your management refuses to address properly.

Just please start getting them to listen.

Options
2024-02-04 06:21:49

@Riley_S Thanks for the updates. You don't owe us anything... Your company is working on products and releases them as they can. I appreciate that. Looking forward to the KS240 when it's ready... I'll be buying several.

Options
2024-02-05 08:58:59

@Rocketman you can read up on the KS240 by downloading the datasheet and quick installation guide here:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/ks240/

Unfortunately, not in stores yet though seems it should be soon.

Options
2024-02-07 07:59:09

@Riley_S 

Fingers crossed.

Options
2024-02-07 17:28:25

@Riley_S 

Just adding myself to get updated of any news 

Options
Re:Ceiling Fan switch
2024-02-08 16:31:34

@Riley_S 

Looking to be included since the last thread was closed.

Options
2024-02-08 18:25:08

@Riley_S 

Looking to purhase one as well as soon as they become available.

Options
2024-02-09 14:11:04

@Riley_S  another day, another disappointment.... anything to update?!

Options
Related Articles