How to resolve common problems when setting up the Kasa smart device (Plug/Bulb)

Released On: 2018-11-05 12:19:52Last update time: 2021-02-16 18:32:20

Our Kasa app is designed to provide an easy step-by-step process to set up your new smart device. However, there may be instances where issues come up during the installation. This guide will try and provide steps to try in order to resolve your issue.

Case 1 

• Go into the “Settings > Wi-Fi” menu of your smartphone for Android or "Settings > Wi-Fi > Choose a network" for iOS, manually connect to the smart device's network. Open Kasa and select the option that you are manually connected to the smart device located on the bottom of the setup screen
  • Make certain you choose the correct smart device to connect to. The last four characters of the MAC address are also apart of the network name of the smart device.
  • Disable any VPN connection that your phone may be using during the setup.
  • Perform a factory default on the smart device and repeat the process.
  • If your Apple device is running iOS 14, check the app permission to allow local network access

Case 2

http://www.tp-link.com/res/upfile/faq/20151110064903.jpg

• Make sure the smart device is not connecting back to your home Wi-Fi network. If so, connect back to the TP-Link Wi-Fi network.
  • Reinstall the Kasa app on your smartphone.

Case 3

• When on the screen where you join the smart device to the network. The wireless network name you see above the wireless password box should be the one you normally connect to in order to receive internet, if not, select the link below to choose a different network name.
  • The wireless signal should be at least two bars, if it is one bar, move the device closer for setup.
  • If the router’s SSID is hidden, please choose “manually setup my Wi-Fi” to input SSID and password.

Case 4

http://www.tp-link.com/res/upfile/faq/20151110064943.jpg

• Wait 15 seconds then check LED status. If the smart device's LED indicates it is connected to the network or if the bulb blinks several times, do not select the option to start over. Sign out and back into the Kasa app and wait a few minutes to see whether the device is working.
  • Check to see if your phone is now connected back to your home Wi-Fi. If not, connect back, and go back to Kasa.
  • Verify that the wireless password being used is correct. Going into your phone Settings > Wi-Fi menu. Forget the wireless network that you are trying to connect the smart device to, and then reconnect. When the phone asks for the wireless password, use the same password that you tried in Kasa. Delete the password that exists in the box and enter the wireless password for your network again.
Comment

Hello, I just recently purchased a smart plug, it worka fine for me but does not work for my wife. It recognizes what she is saying but says the action is not available. 

Thank you so much I was also connected with my phone and played the Minecraft mod apk game

https://multiapkclub.com/minecraft-mod-apk/

I had to set my Orbi router to use "automatic" for the 2.4G channel after I upgraded the Orbi firmware, even though my smart plugs had been connected before the Orbi FW upgrade. But after the upgrade, they refused to connect with the 2.4G channel manually set. After I switched the router setting to "automatic", the plugs connected with no problem.

KR

Very nice article

I am a Network Engineer with 43 years of experience, and these instructions have had me spinning in endless circles for hours, join this wifi, join that wifi, reset this, factory reset this, reinstall the Kasa App, lose all the schedules for the whole house, try it all again, again, again, hold your face differently and see if that helps, all I ever wanted to do was change the WIFI password in the house's network to keep an intruder out.  Now I manually have to fight with every light switch to stop them from turning on lights in the daytime outside on the entryways, and turning the lights off at night.  I'm ready to use a hammer to remove this awful irritant from my house every last one of them and go buy all new light switches from a company that can write an instruction sheet which doesn't run you in circles for hours with no result

I am having issues to connect my Smart wifi power outlet (kp200).

I followed this thread and I have tried the following:

Orbi mesh network 

ios 14 (latest update)

kasa (latest update)

I have realized that the Kasa needs a 2.4 wifi network, I used my guest SSID (Security WPA2-PSK) and it did not work as expected.

I have reset the outlet and factory reset it several times.

Manually submitted my guest SSID and password (copy and pasted)

this also did not work.

the outlet flashes green for a little while back until it stops working and then back then I green/orange again. 

I am not sure what else to try. Unless I am somehow missing something. 

thanks 

mumbai call girls - We have been pioneers in the industry of call girls.

Doesn't connect. 

Great info thanks for sharing. Check out my new 

https://dailytrends.co.in/

A hindi blogger with 5+ years of experience https://dailytrends.co.in/
upload
    upload