TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-24 20:47:02
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C5400X(EU)_V1_180904

This is my first TP-Link Router and probably my last. I am used to getting regular updates for my routers when I was with ASUS and NETGEAR to either fix security issues or add or improve features. the firmware I'm on was released last year on the 25th of September and there has been no updates since then. This is very sad especially when you consider that its the flagship router TP-Link offers.

One main issue or quirk I am facing with the current firmware is the moment I go to the HomeCare and just click once on Antivirus to see if it's on or off as I want it off, the router turns all the Antivirus protection options on without my consent!

Please forward my concern to the higher managament.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?
2019-04-25 06:10:27

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry for the inconvenience. we will remind our R&D colleagues and then they can work on it.

FYI, usually, there will be a firmware released once received some feedback regarding to the application/performance, yet the Archer C5400X works fine so there is no firmware updated. 

Back to your case, the antivirus-security is enabled by default to protect the local network; you can disable them by your own. Once you go to security-antivirus page, you can see 3 different options, and you can toggle them on or off to enable/disable them. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Ultra_Male wrote

This is my first TP-Link Router and probably my last. I am used to getting regular updates for my routers when I was with ASUS and NETGEAR to either fix security issues or add or improve features. the firmware I'm on was released last year on the 25th of September and there has been no updates since then. This is very sad especially when you consider that its the flagship router TP-Link offers.

One main issue or quirk I am facing with the current firmware is the moment I go to the HomeCare and just click once on Antivirus to see if it's on or off as I want it off, the router turns all the Antivirus protection options on without my consent!

Please forward my concern to the higher managament.

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?
2019-04-25 11:02:33
Thank you Kevin, Yes I do know how to toggle the AntiVirus off. But there's a bug where if you'd visit the page again and wait for a couple of seconds, the three toggles go from off to on so I have to ensure I don't stay on that page for more than a split second. Now this is not the end of the world, but I don't think such a bug should be there, the user has to decide whether he wants it off or not. Regards.
Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?
2019-04-28 01:23:28

Ultra_Male wrote

Thank you Kevin, Yes I do know how to toggle the AntiVirus off. But there's a bug where if you'd visit the page again and wait for a couple of seconds, the three toggles go from off to on so I have to ensure I don't stay on that page for more than a split second. Now this is not the end of the world, but I don't think such a bug should be there, the user has to decide whether he wants it off or not. Regards.

Hi,

I did a test at our end, once the antivirus has been toggled off, it won't turn on automatically even I visited that page again.

So could you please shot a short video and send it to us so that we can have a better understanding.

Meanwhile what is the model and OS version of your smart phone and the APP version?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?
2019-04-28 11:54:33 - last edited 2019-04-28 11:55:44

Here you go, you will see towards the end how it enables itself simply by visiting the Antivirus page, then going to another, once you're back on the Antivirus page, it would have re-enabled itself without me touching anything, here's the video I uploaded on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/lUJs--sWeC4

I am not using the TP-Link app on my smartphone. I am accessing the settings page from my laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (latest version with the latest updates)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?
2019-04-29 09:12:45

Hi,

Our engineer will contact you via email later, if you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please notice your inbox. 

Thanks for your cooperation and support in advance. 

Have a nice day. 

Ultra_Male wrote

Here you go, you will see towards the end how it enables itself simply by visiting the Antivirus page, then going to another, once you're back on the Antivirus page, it would have re-enabled itself without me touching anything, here's the video I uploaded on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/lUJs--sWeC4

I am not using the TP-Link app on my smartphone. I am accessing the settings page from my laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (latest version with the latest updates)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C5400X No new firmware?
2019-04-29 11:51:29
Sure, I'll be awaiting his email.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2201

Replies: 6

Related Articles