TL-R480T+ Disconnects internet until restarted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-14 14:28:57 - last edited 2021-04-20 10:58:38
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 9.0.2 Build 20180926 Rel.34538

As the title says, i have been using it a year ago with one 35mbit and one 50mbit connection, i had cancelled 35 one and upgraded 100mbit. this year, i needed 2 internet connections again (i am working from home)so i connected a 75mbit one with 100mbit one, updated firmware version (i dont remember the old one, and i dont think it was firmware related because it started after 2-3 weeks)

Now, every now and then (which is 5-10 minutes tops) i get disconnected, from whatever i am doing as if i have no internet connection. I am connecting to modems with wifi directly, they work, i disconnect modems from router and connect to computer with wire, it works but until i restart (or restore to factory settings) TL-R480T+ has no internet connection at all.

I can connect to modems through router btw, just cannot connect to internet. i am suspecting that mtu settings are wrong (they are, as default, 1500) or 75 (main) and 100 mbits are too much for the device. Any suggestions? Advice?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R480T+ Disconnects internet until restarted
2019-05-15 02:58:23 - last edited 2021-04-20 10:58:38

Khser wrote

As the title says, i have been using it a year ago with one 35mbit and one 50mbit connection, i had cancelled 35 one and upgraded 100mbit. this year, i needed 2 internet connections again (i am working from home)so i connected a 75mbit one with 100mbit one, updated firmware version (i dont remember the old one, and i dont think it was firmware related because it started after 2-3 weeks)

Now, every now and then (which is 5-10 minutes tops) i get disconnected, from whatever i am doing as if i have no internet connection. I am connecting to modems with wifi directly, they work, i disconnect modems from router and connect to computer with wire, it works but until i restart (or restore to factory settings) TL-R480T+ has no internet connection at all.

I can connect to modems through router btw, just cannot connect to internet. i am suspecting that mtu settings are wrong (they are, as default, 1500) or 75 (main) and 100 mbits are too much for the device. Any suggestions? Advice?

Hi Khser

You can try to ping the publick network address like 8.8.8.8. Generally the ping packets will not exceed the MTU.  

If you can ping successfully, then you can check your DNS server. Try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8.

If you cannot ping 8.8.8.8, you can check the WAN information for the router. Also can try to reset the router but remember to save the config file at first.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 885

Replies: 1