TELNET PORT REPORTED AS CLOSED INSTEAD OF STEALTH ON A PORT SCAN LIKE GRC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-04 08:27:13 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:06:45
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: TL-ER6120(UN)_V3_20180724

Hi, I setup the router and all seems fine as regards firewall access control and load balancing with two connections, but when I do a port scan on GRC Shields Up all blocked ports come up as stealth as  it should, but Telnet port is always reported as closed even on other port scanners  although its one of the blocked ports and not sure what is the casue.

Previously we had a TL-ER6020 and had no issues as regards Telnet port, not sure it I missed something as regards Remote Management or some other settings altough I checked all possible settings.

Any info appreciated what might be the casue.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:TELNET PORT REPORTED AS CLOSED INSTEAD OF STEALTH ON A PORT SCAN LIKE GRC
2019-07-08 06:01:06 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:06:45

cmicall wrote

Hi, I setup the router and all seems fine as regards firewall access control and load balancing with two connections, but when I do a port scan on GRC Shields Up all blocked ports come up as stealth as  it should, but Telnet port is always reported as closed even on other port scanners  although its one of the blocked ports and not sure what is the casue.

Previously we had a TL-ER6020 and had no issues as regards Telnet port, not sure it I missed something as regards Remote Management or some other settings altough I checked all possible settings.

Any info appreciated what might be the casue.

Thanks

If shows the port is closed, it hasn't problem. The connection from extern will be blocked.

If shows the port is open, you can check if you have any related settings. If the telnet port is open, you can try to disable remote management and check again.

Options
Re:TELNET PORT REPORTED AS CLOSED INSTEAD OF STEALTH ON A PORT SCAN LIKE GRC
2019-07-08 09:07:10 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:06:45

My thoughts. TL-ER6020 v2/v3 doesn't support telnet, so it can't be used, so it is closed, not stealth. TL-ER6020 v1 supports telnet, so it will be stealth.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1476

Replies: 2

Related Articles